Thirty seven // last day

Day #9

"Slow down, Calum. Why are we even running?" I protest while he drags me out the apartment

I woke up to find the most beautiful chocolate eyes staring right back at me. If it were anyone else watching me sleep I would call them a creep, but when Calum does I think it's cute. I'm not one to talk because I think he is cute doing just about anything. The boy woke up with extra energy to spare and quickly rushed me into the shower to get ready for our last day in London.

"Technically, tomorrow is our last day" I fire back as I follow Calum down the stairs

"Which makes today our last full day out in London" He says too excitedly making me laugh

"Why are you talking like my father on our family vacation?" I mock him earning a hard glare from the handsome man in front of me

"I'm trying to make us seize the day" He justifies

"Are we getting matching Carpe Diem tattoos?" I joke and this time I get a laugh out of Calum

"Someone woke up in a good mood"

He comments while holding the building's door open for me. The british weather is still forcing us to wear two jackets and I'd very much rather stay in bed with Calum all day but he clearly has other plans for us today.

"Only because I woke up beside you, Hood" I hug his waist on my way out of the building

"Aren't you cute?" Cal looks down at me with a cute grin on his face before pecking my lips

We get in the car and Calum immediately hands me his phone to let me choose a song - a habit we've now acquired. I don't know where he is driving us and what we're going to do for the day, all I know is that it's eleven thirty in the morning and I've had nothing to eat. Thankfully, our first stop is to get food. I swear this man can read my mind sometimes. We grab breakfast in a drive thru and eat in the car on our way somewhere. I ordered a banana and apple vitamin while Calum ordered a healthy green juice that looks terrible. He says he's trying to eat better to get in shape for tour but I don't know what better shape could he possibly be talking about.

"Do you believe in fate?" I randomly ask taking a sip of my vitamin

"This sounds like a trick question" He laughs after drinking his green juice "But yeah, I do"

We exchange drinks without saying a word and have a quick taste of each other's orders. I only nod and think to myself that it must've been a work of fate that brought Calum and I together. I believe we were destined to cross paths.

"What about soulmates?" I question him handing his juice back

"Where are you going with this?"

"Just making conversation" I shrug trying to keep it cool

I'm a hopeless romantic so I obviously do believe in soulmates. I believe fate will bring me and my soulmate together and we'll live happily ever after. I think there is one person out there meant for me and that we'll just know when we find each other. We'll have a different energy. A connection like no other.

"Wanna talk about the weather?" Calum jokes making me roll my eyes

"No" I huff "I wanna talk about things that matter" I say pretending to be mad and I can feel his eyes on me "Like where the hell are you taking me?"

"You'll see" He tells me with eyes on the road "We're almost there"

"Are we meeting the Queen?" I childishly ask making him laugh

"No" He shakes his head

"Going to the Prime Minister's house?" I ask with the sole purpose of annoying Calum