Chapter Twenty-Four

Jack’s P.O.V

Elsa came running down the stairs as fast as her heels would let her. She was a few feet away from me when she gasped again, her hands coming up to her mouth. “No. This has to be a dream. I must be a dream. Tell me this is a dream.”

“Um, it’s not a dream,” I said trying to be helpful.

“What’s your name,” Elsa demanded.

I scratched the back of my neck. “It’s Jack. Jack Frost.”

Her eyes softened. “Jack? Are you sure your last name is not Overland?”

“Yeah, I guess. I actually don’t remember anything about my past. I woke up a few years ago and found out I have powers and I ran into you when you were crying and I’ve been watching over you ever since.”

“Woke up? How exactly? And powers? What kind of powers?”

I started to explain everything that has happened to me over the last three years. Elsa stared at me her eyes getting softer and more understanding.

“So you woke up from rising from a lake and found out you had ice powers- like me- and decided to watch over me?”

I nodded. “That’s about it.”

“You don’t remember anything else? Nothing?”

“Nothing,” I agreed.

Elsa bit her lip and ran her fingers through her hair. “Can I see your powers?” She asked.

I laughed. “Sure. But they aren’t as good as yours.” I went over to a wall and made a bunny and had it fly from the wall to Elsa. She giggled as it jumped around her then flew through the window. She made a snowball and threw it at me, hitting me square in the chest. “Oh, you’re so on, Elsa!” I laughed as I also made a snowball and threw it at her. We both started laughing and chasing each other around. I caught her and held her to my chest. “I got you, Snowflake.” I didn’t know where I got that name from. It just popped out of my mouth. Elsa stiffened.

“What did you just call me?” She asked.

“Snowflake? Does that offend you?”

Elsa shook her head. “No. Not at all.”

Elsa’s P.O.V

I couldn’t believe it. Before my eyes were Jack Frost. Jack Frost that just happened to have my lovers’ first name and look so much like him. Instead of brown hair, he had snow white and instead of brown eyes he had startling blue. How could this be? Was this actually Jack Overland in disguise? If so why? Was he telling the truth when he said he couldn’t remember his past? He acted like him. Every single thing he did was exactly like Jackson. It was so confusing.

When he called me ‘snowflake’ I felt like my whole world was melting. This had to be Jackson. Only he knew of my pet name.

We went up to the balcony and watched the sunrise together. “Jack,” I said.

“Yes, Elsa,” He responded, his eyes still glued to the sun.

“Do you remember anything about a prophecy?”

Jack paused a moment, thinking. “I don’t believe so. Why?”

I shrugged. “No reason.” Everything was coming together. The prophecy still was stuck in my head. It will be the second fullest moon of the year when a girl with ice powers will walk the earth. Every year her powers will grow until she must a decision that will change the course of history. A boy with the same powers will rise up from the dead. A guardian, he will be for the girl until it’s time. Together, if they choose, will defeat evil or help it. One will betray the other and the other will lose their life.

Was the prophecy talking about Jack and me? It made sense… A little too much sense. I leaned my head on his shoulder. His arm wrapped around my waist. A million tingles exploded throughout my body. I could feel my cheeks get warm. We were quiet for another minute. “Hey, Jack,” I said again.

“Yes, Snowflake?” He asked in playful annoyance.

Should I tell him? “I think I know of your past.”

He looked at me, his eyebrows knitted together. “I don’t understand. How?”

I sighed. “Let me tell you a story…” I told him everything about Jackson Overland. How we met, how we were close friends, how we became a thing, etc. I watched Jack’s face throughout all of it. It went to interest to confusion to wonder to confusion again.

“So you’re saying that I am a reincarnation of your old lover?”

“I’m saying you might be… Jack Overland. Everything makes sense. Why you talk like him, act like him, look like him...” I looked at him expecting him to laugh in my face or tell me I was crazy.

“If I’m him can I do this?” He leaned down and lightly kissed me on the lips. Warmth spread throughout my entire body. We pulled away and we smiled at each other. Then Jack frowned. I gasped as he fell to the floor. “Jack!” I yelled. I kneeled by his body. “Jack! Jack are you okay?” I felt for his heart beat. It was steady and strong.

“Don’t worry, Elsa, he’s going to be alright,” Someone said. I looked up but there was no one there. I scrunched my eyebrows together. I heard Jack moan. “Jack?” I whispered, my focus back on him.

“Elsa?” He groaned. His eyes fluttered open. “Elsa!” He yelled, hugging me.

“W-what happened Jack?” I asked. “You scared me.”

“I’m sorry… Just… I remember!” He exclaimed. I helped him stand up and he leaned on his staff.

“Remember what?”

Jack’s smile widened. “I remember everything! My family, my friends…” He looked up at me and smirked. “You.”

My eyes widened. “So you are actually Jackson Overland?”

He nodded enthusiastically. All the tension melted and I laughed. I knew Jack hadn’t left me forever.

My smile faded. “Wait. Why couldn’t I see you until now then? If you’d been watching me for three years why couldn’t I hear or see you?”

“Well, Manny, said I was a guardian and I had to watch over you. Being a guardian, you have to believe in me so you can see me. So far you’re the only person that can actually see me.”

“Who’s Manny?” I questioned.

“The man on the moon, of course. He picks out the guardians. Sometimes he speaks to me so I’m not so lonely.”

“Are there any more guardians?”

Jack shrugged. “Yeah, I met one of them. His name is Santa Claus but I call him North. He wanted me to join the group but I refused.”

“Why?”

“I’d rather watch over you,” He said, smiling. I couldn’t help but smile also. “Um, Elsa,” Jack said suddenly nervous.

“Yeah?” I was perplexed by his sudden nervousness.

“Is it okay to find my family. I want to see if they’re all okay and happy.”

I nodded. “Yes, of course. I’ll wait here.”

Jack gave me a grateful smile. “I’ll be back in no time, I promise.”

I nodded. I trusted him. He’d be back.

❆ ❆ ❆

Last chapter I wrote. I'll try to update on Monday. Maybe two chapters...? I don't know. We'll see how it goes. Anyone like this chapter?! Btw I am almost done with this book *starts crying* hope you LOVE it!!

- Jozie Noelle