Chapter Thirty

Jack’s P.O.V

I should’ve felt accomplished at the sight of Elsa falling to her knees as her dress starting to stain with blood. But I didn’t. I felt like this whole thing was wrong.

“Good job, Jack,” Pitch said, slapping my back. “I knew you were as dark as I was. All you needed was a little prompting.”

I glared at him. “What are you talking about?” I demanded.

“Well, you see, I twisted a memory of yours so you would kill Elsa. I wanted to know if you were strong enough to kill your lover.”

“You mean Elsa never did any of those things? She was innocent?” I asked, aghast.

Pitch nodded. “Join me, Jack. We could rule the world together.”

I frowned. My head was buzzing with anger. Pitch tricked me into killing Elsa? I gritted my teeth. “No,” I said. I threw a huge ball of ice at him. It hit him square in the chest and he fell to the ground. “You made me hurt Elsa, the love of my life, just to see if I was strong enough too? So Camilla was right you did murder my village.” I hovered over him.

“Jack, listen. This all can be forgotten!” Pitch pleaded. His eyes were filled with fear. “I can leave and all of this can be between us.”

“Goodbye, Pitch.” I closed my eyes and with all my might threw everything I could think of at him. I opened them again I saw an ice sculpture of Pitch. His face showed pure terror.

“Jack,” Elsa moaned.

I rushed to her side. “Elsa, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean any of those things I said.” My eyes saw the stain on her shirt grow larger and larger. Her hand was covering the spot where the ice spike hit her.  

“It’s okay, Jack,” She whispered. “I-I forgive you.”

I sniffled. “How can you forgive me? All those things I did and said to you… I don’t think I’ll ever forgive myself.”

Elsa chuckled softly. “I would’ve done the same thing to you if I was in your spot.”

“I-I wish you were immortal like me,” I admitted softly.

Elsa started coughing, blood trickled out the corner of her mouth. She was near death. “J-Jack, can you do me a favor?” She wheezed.

“Anything.”

“Tell me what we were going to do when we got out of here.”

I cleared my throat. “Well, I was thinking of getting married. I would become king and we’d have a lot of kids. Anna was going to babysit them all when we went on dates-” My voice broke “-In the garden, I was thinking of growing a tree to symbolize our love for each other.”

“That’s nice,” Elsa said. She closed her eyes. “What were we going to name our kids?”

“Are, Elsa,” I corrected. “You are going to live and we are going to get married. You just need to hold on.”

“I don’t think I can,” She whispered. “I’m tired. So, so tired.”

“Snowflake, don’t give in,” I pleaded desperately. I ran my finger around her cheek. “Please I need you. Don’t die.” A tear trickled down my cheek.

“I have to go,” She whispered. “I see Mother and Father… they’re walking towards me beckoning me to them. I want to go. Please let me go.”

“No,” I said selfishly. “I can’t let you go. I love you too much.”

“Jack,” She said softly opening her eyes. She reached her hand up to my cheek and wiped the tear away. “I’ll always be with you, Jack. I’ve always trusted you.”

I’ve always trusted you…

“I-If you die then I’ll never see you again,” I said. “I’m immortal. I’ll be around when the world has ended.” I bit my lip.

“You’ll see me in your dreams,” she said. She coughed again and more blood came out of her mouth. “It hurts so much.”

The thought of Elsa hurting made me ache. I was so selfish. I couldn’t keep Elsa for myself. I had to let her go. “Elsa,” I said. “Do me a favor while you’re up there… Tell my dad and mom I love them and I’ll watch over Emma for them.”

“I will,” Elsa promised. I blinked back my tears and I leaned down to kiss Elsa one last time. “Have fun in Heaven, Snowflake.”

Elsa sighed and I felt her body go limp. I let the tears freely fall down my face. I wasn’t ashamed of letting my sobs echo throughout the cavern. Elsa, my beautiful lovely snowflake, was gone. All because I trusted Pitch instead of her. All because of my bad decision.

When I had no more tears left to shed I picked up her body and flew out of that forbidden place. I knew exactly where I was going.

I landed at the lake where I died and rose again. I placed her still warm body down on the freezing ice. “Well, I’ll see you later, Snowflake.” Silence. That’s the way it was going to be forever, I realized with a sigh.

❆ ❆ ❆

I literally cried when I wrote this. Okay, I lied. I didn't cry but I felt like it. I was so depressed after I wrote this... Maybe I should end this right here... Nah I better not. I love you all too much!!!!