RETURNING

SAERON'S POV

I stood in front of my house. My hands were shaking as I turned the doorknob.

I walked inside and saw horror.

I never knew it looked this bad. My blood was all over the floor. I felt like puking.

Just looking at it made all the memories of that day come flooding back into my mind. I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

I saw my phone on the kitchen table and called Min Ji.

"Saeron?! Is that really you?"

"Yeah. It's me."

"Oh my god. I was worried sick about you. Where are you?"

"I'm at home."

"Okay. I'm on my way." she hung up.

I sat down on a stool and patiently waited for Min Ji to arrive.

Finally, the door flung open and Min Ji ran in. As soon as she saw me, she ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"Oh my god! Where have you been? You've been missing for 3 days. I thought you were kidnapped from the hospital."

"No. I wasn't kidnapped. I left."

Her eyes widened, "You did what? Why?"

And that's when I told Min Ji everything. From Jackson marking me to the werewolves saving me. Everything.

She seemed shocked at first but them looked like she got it after a while.

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"With Jungkook. You heard what his father said. About you feeling things. And you've already told me about what happened when you first woke up. Things can only get worse from here."

"I know. And also, he said that I would feel in love with him. I don't want to love him knowing he feels nothing for me."

"Well, I guess that's the price for you being alive right now."

"No. I'm going to avoid him. Ignore him. Act like he doesn't exist. And hopefully, this'll all just wear off. Yeah."

"But what if avoiding him will hurt you?"

"I can take it. It's better than falling in love with him."

"Alright then. So, do you wanna sleep over by my house?"

"Why?"

"Well,your father could return here. It won't be safe for you."

"I know, but I don't think he'll return. And if he does , I won't just give in. I might not be strong, but I don't let him walk all over me."

"That's my girl." Min Ji sad giving me a high five.

Min Ji left an hour later and before I knew it, it was already nighttime. I lied in my bed staring at the ceiling.

I couldn't help but feel a little scared.

I was fine earlier but now all the negative thoughts came rushing in.

What if my dad comes back?
What if someone breaks in?
What if-

"Enough what ifs already."

I immediately sat up at the sudden voice. I looked around but saw no one.

"Geez. What was that just now? It kinda sounded like...Jungkook."

~the next morning~

I woke up with a slight pain in my head.

Wow. I can't believe I actually slept.

I got up and did my regular morning routine. I met Min Ji outside as she said that she would walk me to school.

As soon as we entered the school, everyone's eyes were on us. Well, more on me.

I expected this. Three days ago I was classified as missing and today I'm back at school.

I ignored all their stares and just walked to class. Things just got even worse when I entered the class. Not only were they all staring at me, I couldn't escape it and now they were close enough for me to hear them gossip about me.

How did this happen to me? The other day I was just a normal girl. Now I'm weird and stared at like I was resurrected from death.

That's when he walked in. With his friends. Our eyes locked but he immediately looked away and walked to his seat.

I looked down and pouted.

Why was he acting like this?

"That's her. I heard she was kidnapped." one girl said.

"Really? I heard she ran away from the hospital." another said.

They gasped.

They continued for a while after that and that's when I snapped.

I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and ran out of the class. I didn't care about anything or anyone anymore. I just wanted to get away from it all.

It hurt too much.

I ran into the girl's bathroom and slid my body down the wall and sighed.

I brought my knees up to my chest and buried my face in them. Tears started flowing out of my eyes and I couldn't stop them anymore.

I kept telling myself this morning that things would be okay. But who was I kidding?

I'm not okay. None of this is okay.

I was broken out of my thoughts when I heard the bathroom door go open. A guy walked in.

I wiped the tears out of my eyes to see who it was.

That's when I saw his smirking face and I immediately felt my body shake.

"Looks like you survived."

Double update. Yay!