FULL MOON PART 2

SAERON'S POV

I backed up as the wolf came forward. I ended up hitting a tree with my back. The wolf growled once again causing fear to rush through my veins.

A howl was heard in the far distance which distracted the wolf. I took that as my chance and made a run for it. I couldn't see where I was running to but I just continued afraid that if I stopped, the wolf would get to me.

I stopped when I smelt something. Something like a burning fire and rusted metal. I made my way to the light and was shocked with what I saw. Jungkook and the rest were all sitting around the fire with their eyes closed. They were all saying a chant and I was confused.

It sounded like they were saying, "Alpha. Beta. Omega."

I continued watching them and suddenly, they all stopped and opened their eyes. I was about to turn around but froze when our eyes locked.

Jungkook caught me. I didn't know why but I suddenly felt like an intruder. Like I wasn't supposed to be there. I was about to walk away when I saw the wolf from before, behind me. Looking like it was ready to kill.

I backed up and stumbled over a rock causing me to fall onto my butt. This got the attention of all of the werewolves and they all looked at me. Their attention went from me to the wolf in front of me.

Jungkook stood up and pulled me up by my arm and pulling me behind him.

"Get behind me." he warned.

I did what he said and was startled wheb he attacked the wolf. I couldn't see things clearly because of the dark. All I heard was what sounded like a struggle. Soon, I saw a shadow approaching me. I sighed in relief when it was Jungkook. He must've won against that wolf. I ran to him and hugged him. I felt him wrap his arms around me loosely while I held onto him for dear life.

~the next morning~

I opened my eyes to see Jungkook sitting up, staring at nothing.

I sat up and tugged at his arm.

"Jungkook? You okay?" I asked softly.

He looked at me and gave me a weak smile.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

He wrapped his arms around me and layed us both down next to each other, facing each other.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"What are you sorry for?"

"Last night. I shouldn't have gone looking for you. What you guys were doing last night, it seemed kinda personal. Between all of you. And I felt like an intruder. Someone who didn't belong there. I'm sorry."

He pulled me closer towards him.

"Don't be sorry. It's okay. I shouldn't have just left like that without saying anything."

"I know, but it must've been so hard for you. During the full moon. I feel so bad."

"Don't feel bad. I got through it didn't I?" he said smiling.

I nodded burying my face in his chest.

"If you don't mind me asking, what were you guys doing last night?"

I felt hin tense and I immediately looked up at him with worry.

"It's fine you don't have to tell me." I said assuring him.

"No. It's fine. I guess you deserve to know. It's a kind of ritual that we can do during the full moon. To control ourselves so that we don't go on a rampage. It's not usually performed but since we were away from the rest of the pack, it seemed necessary. And it helped. "he explained.

I hummed.

"Who was that other wolf from last night? The one you defeated."

"I dunno. Probably just some lone wolf."

"M'kay." I said snuggling against him.

He ran his fingers through my hair making me feel calm and it felt like all my worries disappeared. Yes. That was the effect he had on me. And I loved it.

"You still tired?" he asked softly.

"No. But can we just stay like this a little while longer?"

I heard him hum. He continued stroking my hair with his one hand and snaked his other arm around me pulling me closer against his chest. I smiled because I could feel his heartbeat. And it was racing.