FEAR

JUNGKOOK'S POV

We were laughing at the house.

"Jungkook, is something the matter? You're really quiet tonight."

I shook my head, "No. Nothing's wrong father. But I am feeling a little tired."

"Well, I guess we should expect that. Today was your first day of school. Suga told me about the guy student who approached you in the cafeteria. But, don't worry about it. You're different but you don't have to be ashamed of it."

"I'm not ashamed. If you'll excuse me, I'm going for a walk." I said and walked out.

It was nice and dark so I cold transform. But, I didn't feel like it at that moment. I continued walking when I heard a noise.

I saw something move in the darkness at a fast speed.

A werewolf? I don't recognise it's scent. It belongs to a neighbouring pack maybe?

I immediately forgot about it when I got the strong scent of blood. Human blood.

What could a human be doing here at this hour? I followed the scent and stopped when I saw a shadow. I walked closer towards it and stopped when I saw that it was a girl. Her knee was bleeding. She must've fallen. She was on the phone.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

I noticed her freeze and looked up at me. The darkness was covering my face but due to my werewolf eyes, I could see her face clearly.

I've never seen her before.

She dropped her phone onto the ground and I could hear the person she called still talking.

Suddenly, her body started shaking. She was afraid.

SAERON'S POV

I looked up at the person. I didn't realize it, but I started shaking.

My breathing got heavier and I scrambled for my phone. I tried to find it with my hands, but I couldn't.

I sighed and looked back at the person.

"Please don't hurt me." I said trembling.

"I'll ask again. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

I flinched at his tone.

"I..."

He bent down and was now right in front of me.

"Cat got your tongue?"

"I'm sorry! I came here with my friend and lost her when I fell. Really. I'm just lost. Please don't hurt me." I said smacking my hands together.

He stood up again, "Get up."

I knew I would struggle but I was afraid that he would do something to me if I didn't. I stood up slowly and held onto the bark of a tree for support.

"The city is that way." he says pointing on the direction behind him.

He turned around and was about to start walking when I spoke, "Who are you?"

He stopped.

"You don't need to know."

"But, you helped me. You might not think it's important, but I want to know." I said walking to him not caring about falling.

I stopped on front of him and tried to stand up straight.

"Just go. Don't bother yourself with me." he says walking past me.

"Wait!" I yelled but twisted my ankle and fell.

I was waiting to feel the hard ground hit my body but, to my surprise, I didn't feel it. Instead, I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me up.

I was close enough to his face to see it.

It was

Jungkook?!

"Never come back here again." he said coldly while staring right into my eyes.

"Saeron! Are you here? Saeron?!"

We heard Min Ji yell my name and suddenly Jungkook dropped me and I fell onto the ground, hard.

I looked up but Jungkook was nowhere to be seen.

But who I did see was Min Ji.

She ran to me and bent down.

"Saeron? Are you okay? I shouldn't have ran. You were right. We should've just left. Your knee! Kwenchana?" she asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. But, I might need a little help walking."

She pulled me up and helped me walk by putting my arm around her neck.

"I'm really sorry Saeron. You got hurt because of me."

"It's fine Min Ji."

She suddenly stopped and looked at me.

"What about your dad?"

I stumbled into my house and saw my dad sitting on the couch looking furious.

I got scared.

He stood up, "Where have you been?!"

His tone caused me to flinch.

He looked down at my legs and noticed my bruises.

"What happened? How did you get those cuts?"

"I..."

"Speak faster!" he snapped.

"I was in the woods with Min Ji. I fell."

"You fell and hurt yourself?!"

He walked closer to me and grabbed onto my hair harshly, "You don't get to injure yourself. Only I get to hurt you like this."

He pulled on my hair harder, "Dad! You're hurting me."

"That's right!" he says pushing me causing me to fall onto the hard floor.

"Never come here again looking like that." he said pointing at me before walking away.

I brought my legs up to my chest and turned into a ball. I buried my head in my knees and cried.

That's how my home life is. Get beaten up by my father everyday and cry myself to sleep.