Carlisle Cullen (Glinda)

Carlisle Cullen, vampire, doctor, father, sets another book on his bookcase, in their new living room, the most recent move bringing them to Canada, at the suggestion of Alice, it was her turn to decide after all, though she was cryptic as to why. He smiles hearing Renesmee, his 'Granddaughter' enter the room behind him.

"Will you read to me?" She asks softly, the girl now looks more like ten year old, her growth slowing down to a rate in which she can now attend school, which she has shown an interest in doing.

"What is it you wish to hear?" Carlisle asks as Renesmee moves to the bookcase for her, filled, over flowing with books. Carlisle watches her warmly as she pulls a book from it's place.

"This one" She states holding it to her chest, Carlisle raises an eyebrow, she hates hearing the same story twice, so why has she picked up one he knows she's read before.

"Again?" Carlisle asks, she smiles.

"It's my favourite" She tells him, he sighs softly and smiles back.

"Very well" he holds out his hand, she hands the book over and motions to the small sofa in the corner, just for her. Carlisle sits first and lets Remesmee curl up at his side, he strokes her hair and then opens the book to the first page. "Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas prairies, with Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer's wife. Their house was small, for the lumber to build it had to be carried by wagon many miles. There were four walls, a floor and a roof, which made one room; and this room contained a rusty looking cookstove, a cupboard for the dishes, a table, three or four chairs, and the beds. Uncle Henry and Aunt Em had a big bed in one corner, and Dorothy a little bed in another corner. There was no garret at all, and no cellar--except a small hole dug in the ground, called a cyclone cellar, where the family could go in case one of those great whirlwinds arose, mighty enough to crush any building in its path. It was reached by a trap door in the middle of the floor, from which a ladder led down into the small, dark hole" He reads softly, Renesmee smiles listening, it really is her favourite, she loves reading about Dorothy's adventures, and if she tries really hard, she can picture the characters inside her head.

................

Glinda the Good loves Oz, she loves ruling Oz, and above all she loves the people of Oz, but sometimes, even just for a little while, she needs a 'vacation'. She needs to spend time within the human world to remind herself of the world, of their customs and their people. And she does so by teaching, teaching the younger generation, trying to mould their minds, help them grow into kind, caring, loving adults. To leave her mark on the world, even if in a tiny way. She smiles looking over her lesson plan at her desk in her small but functional classroom, walls covered in the artwork and projects of her students.

"Miss Smith" she looks up and to the doorway where the headmaster stands with a small girl, long curly brown hair and brown doe eyes and high structured features. Glinda stands and smiles. "This is Renesmee Cullen, she'll be joining your class, Renesmee" the headmaster looks to her. "This is Miss Smith, she is in charge of everything creative here.....and by that I mean everything" he teases, Glinda smiles warmly at the girl.