Sam Uley (Merida)

A/N - THE SCOTTISH CUTS OUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE STORY BECAUSE WHEN I ORIGINALLY WROTE THIS IT TOOK TWICE AS LONG TO GET CHAPTERS UP WITH THE SLANG

A/N - THE SCOTTISH CUTS OUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE STORY BECAUSE WHEN I ORIGINALLY WROTE THIS IT TOOK TWICE AS LONG TO GET CHAPTERS UP WITH THE SLANG. SO THAT'S WHY MERIDA'S SPEECH CHANGES. JUST A HEADS UP. 

Merida and her family moved from Scotland when her mother, Elinor found out she was having triplets, Elinor and Merida's father, Fergus had been talking of moving to the states for a long time before that, the idea having come along when Merida was first born, to expand her horizons...plus where they had been living was hurriedly becoming more populated and the area had a few 'bear' sightings that were completely out of the norm for Scotland so....they packed up and hauled off to America, La Push, Washington to be exact, where natural bear numbers are pretty high so a few more shouldn't be a problem. Those bears being Fergus and then Merida when she came of age.....which was in itself a surprise as the females have never been known to phase before.......then the triplets, Hamish, Hubert, and Harris....phased a few years past now.

....................

Sam Uley was the first of the tribe to phase wolf, it feels like years ago now that he was alone in it, but now the pack had expanded, first, Jared and Paul, then Embry, Jacob, Quil, Seth and Leah. Leah, his ex-girlfriend, he had broken up with her after he first phased, determined to keep it all a secret, he know he broke her heart but all in all it was for the best. Sam glances to Leah who walks away from the others, embarrassed at their behaviour, Embry screams, almost feminine like as Paul pushes him into the road. Sam sighs and rolls his eyes. Gain a pack and a bunch children in over sized man bodies. Embry then runs across the road towards the DunBroch Hunting Supply store.

"Embry" Sam snaps, Embry waves his hand back.

"I wanna see Meri" Embry pushes himself up against the window of the store peering in. "Seen as we can't hang out with her or the triplets any more" Embry, Quil and Jacob had been close to Hamish, Hubert, and Harris before the phasing, the six of them spent almost every moment together, granted Embry hung around so he could oggle Merida, she had most boys on the reservation a flutter, she was different, pale skin, bright green eyes, and a mane of wild red hair, plus that accent. Jacob and Quil join Embry at the window as Sam sighs.

"Who's Meri?" Paul asks frowning.

"Merida" Jared answers. "You'll know her when you see her....."

"Come on" Sam states nodding to the tree line. Seth looks between them all.

"Awright, Leah" A heavily Scottish voice calls out. Leah turns and smiles at the redhead approaching her.

"Hey, Meri" she greets. Jacob, Embry, Quil, Jared and Paul and turn to look at the girl. Sam rubs the bridge of his nose. "How's tricks?"

"Aye, all's guid " Merida answers heading towards the store. Leah smiles and follows her. "'N' ye?"

"Things are great"

"Hey, Meri" Embry waves at her. Merida turns her smile into a glare at the three boys, she walks past them and into the store. Embry, Jacob and Quil all slouch, dejected.