Steve Rogers (Kara Danvers)

Steve Rogers believes that he's missed out on his soul mate, he's not even suppose to be alive, if he hadn't been frozen he would have lived and died a normal length life but here he is 98 years old in a 30 year old's body

Steve Rogers believes that he's missed out on his soul mate, he's not even suppose to be alive, if he hadn't been frozen he would have lived and died a normal length life but here he is 98 years old in a 30 year old's body. Steve sighs and leans back on the sofa he's sat on with his best friend, Bucky and Bucky's soul mate, Wanda who is curled into his side. Steve supposes he should be thinking positively, Bucky found his soul mate later in life, so much later in life then expected, so why can't Steve? It just seems to him, unlikely. Bucky glances to his friend, to where Steve is rubbing his arm, he's rubbing his soul words, Steve said he was fine with Bucky bringing Wanda over to his apartment but seeing his friend this depressed about not finding his soul mate is...equally depressing. Bucky kisses Wanda's head.

"Wanna go to bed?" he asks giving her a small look, wanting to be alone with Steve to talk. Wanda nods and kisses him before standing and leaving the room, Bucky turns to Steve. "Today's a bad day, isn't it?" Steve looks to him.

"I don't want to bother you with this...."

"Steve, you're my best friend....and it's okay to be sad about this...." Steve rubs his arm. "Are they fading?" Bucky asks.

"Not that i've noticed"

"That's a good sign then....you know they fade if your soul mate dies" Bucky smiles and squeezes Steve's shoulder. "That means she is out there"

"Yeah, but....I've had the words since Project Rebirth.....she'll be.....what? 70? 80? what sort of life will we have?" Bucky shrugs.

"You'll have your soul mate....trust me it won't matter" Bucky smiles and stands. "I'm going to bed....you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, I'm going to hit the bag for a bit...." Bucky nods and leaves the room, Steve sighs and stands before leaving the other way.

............................

In a poorly lit corridor on a low-class apartment building. Reasonably clean, but clearly showing the fact that the building is over 30 years old, and wasn't in good shape even when it was new. A burglar, late forties, walks down the corridor, conspicuously looking around to make sure nobody is watching. He reaches the door to apartment 3-4, and begins tampering with the lock, trying to break it open with a tool that looks like a small crowbar with one end that fits inside the keyhole. It works. There is a metallic clank, and the door opens a bit.