34

Parker

Going through the motions, I began to think back to what Sean said last night, but I decided to just go with it. Don't get me wrong, knowing that Mug is the reason behind all of this gets me all sorts of upset, but Dave will react worse when he finds out.

When I got home last night, Dave had managed to get out of the wheel chair and fold it, he then threw it to the ground and managed to get upstairs somehow. The wheel chair was right by the steps once you open the door. Coming up to the steps and entering the room, he was already in bed sleeping, then checking up on Kairi, she was asleep as well.

The thought of him being defenseless made my heart ace, but luckily the stair lift is getting installed today. The people should be coming here around noon, so it'll give Dave a bit of an advantage.

Gripping onto the thick sheets of the bed, I could still feel Dave's arm being wrapped around my body as his head fell in the crook of my neck. Silent snores escaping from his nostrils made me smile lightly as I laid woke in the bright morning. Turning to my alarm clock, it read 8:00. Time to get up.

****

"Ma, all I'm saying is, I make better pancakes, period. There's no need to discuss who's a MASTER in the kitchen," glaring over at Dave, he thought he was slick with that lame ass comment about who's the better chef. If we're being truly honest, it's me.

"You can say all you want, but last time I checked, you burned one of mine last time we made blueberry waffles," using the spatula, my pancakes were once flipped and placed on a plate. He got allat talk, but we know Kairi would choose mine over his any day.

"Yeah, whatever," shaking his head, he rolled his chair towards the living room. Getting closer look, I could see him going for the remote and turning on the TV. Man if it ain't the news, football, basketball, or even Netflix, he won't turn on the TV whatsoever. Of course, he chose the news...now I see why Kairi loves the Discovery Channel.

Tidying up with breakfast, I set aside not only the pancakes, but scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, and I wanted to make strawberry oat meal, since it's Kairi's favorite. Digging in through Dave's pantry, he barely had much, but I did what could be done up in the kitchen. Now we gotta make a trip to the grocery store.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Stopping what I was doing, my body turned towards the high chair t notice that Dave wasn't noticing the doorbell ringing. The news must've plugged him in that deep.

Heading towards the door, it were the people to install the chair, so I let them come on right in. Nothing more than two country men wearing khakis and their company shirt. I hope things don't take too long because I'd like to run to the store for baby girl... wouldn't wanna see her cranky.

Once the men were welcomed inside, Dave came rolling in and greeted them as well. Before you knew it, they went to work and began installing the chair. Once again, the door bell rung and it was no one other than Sean and Slime. Opening up the door wider, the walked right on in, taking their shoes off.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?"

"We had to make sure the homie straight," pushing past me Slime went over to Dave dapping him up before they headed into the kitchen to probably eat off the food. Just in time, Kairi came downstairs rubbing her eyes.

"Hi pumpkin, those men are here to add something to the house, Uncle Sean and Uncle Slime are here to visit daddy..I made breakfast, but I'll have to go to the store to get your strawberry oatmeal, okay?" looking down at her, she held her favorite bear in her hands with her hair up in a messy bun. In some pink and white stripped pajamas, she looked cute.