39

Christmas Eve

Parker

Shopping with the girls was nice the other day. Just to get out of the house and be free was a blessing, but when we made it out of that mall, it was nearly pitch black. By the time we got home, Naomi's car was fixed and her son Reggie wasn't ready to leave. I think it was because of the fun we were having together, talking to Santa at the mall, and ice cream.

Kairi had a blast too, just pointing her finger at ALL the items she wanted. There were a few clothes and shoes, I secretly bought for her while TT Regina and her went into other stores. No worries, I got two outfits and a toy for Reggie as well.

Everyone needs equal opportunities as well, so why not give him a chance?

When we were home, Naomi and Dave exchanged a few words out front while the rest of us made cookies with the kids. Sean of course made a mess in my kitchen. Once they came inside, Naomi was in a rush to leave, making Reggie cry.

When mentioning anything to Dave, he said that he wanted to talk about it later, but later never came. Here I am at Julie's house to give her a gift. I wanted to be Ms. Clause and surprise my clients with a gift...at least the ones that were in town.

"Thank you Parker, this is so amazing!" smiling up at me, Julie took the diary and pen collection in her hand. A great writer gotta start somewhere right? I wanted to give all my clients a gift, so I came through for them tonight before spending that special time with Dave and Kairi.

"Keep writing and who know what you'll accomplish? One day, I want to purchase your book and as a token, we can start on getting the process of publishing your work whenever you're ready."

Her face began to beam up with joy as my gracious deal made her sparkle with a smile. She then gave me a hug, pulling me in as tight as ever. She was such a sweet girl who deserved the world and then some. I wish her mother could see it.

"Parker?" The warm hug began to fade away as Julie and I turned towards her mother. She was in a Christmas robe and fuzzy slides.

My head turned to her, seeking her full attention.

"Would you like to come inside?" A smile appeared upon her face as she held the door open for me to enter. Although I could do home visits, something tells me she's gonna be talking my ear off, so I had to be polite.

"I'm afraid that won't be necessary Helen. There's more gifts I need to give out before going back home and now isn't a good time," biting the side of my lip, I prayed she would understand and let me go. I mean, she really ain't got a choice.

"Farewell then, but I wanted to give you this as a thank you for all the time and work you put in to make Julie and I start off with a better relationship," reaching off of a surface of some sort inside the house, she then revealed a red envelop with a card inside.

"Thank you guys so much and I hope you all have a WONDERFUL holiday..I will see you guys back in my office within next week, bye," giving one last hug to Julie and a wave to Helen, my thumb pressed down on the unlock key as I made my way towards the car.

Buckling up inside, my next pit stop would have to be Kentrell. Now he barely comes to any of my sessions, but from what his mom has told me, he's in the same position Dave was in when he was younger, drugs. Now, I don't see the point of being a dope boy, but there's more alternatives of survival.

His mom also mentioned that growing up without a father was tough so on his down time, Kentrell would write and rap about his pain. Believe it or not, I think he's gonna like the Bose headphones I bought him. They're also noise cancelling headphones as well.

Reaching his neighborhood, I parked across the street from his house before realizing he was sitting out in the cold shivering with nothing but his underwear on. Quickly hopping out of my car with a blanket from the backseat, I ran over to him examining his bruised up face and busted lip.

"Kentrell, tell me exactly what happened, now," wrapping him in the blanket, I rushed him to the car where the AC was already blasting warm air, my finger just pressed the seat warmers for him.

"T-They robbed me....and s-stole everythang I got," trembling from the cold temperature, I rubbed his shoulders.

"Where's ya moms at?"

"Brooklyn with my other family. I told her, ian trynna go," with his body shaking, I could tell that he was sitting out for quite some time. I felt so bad for him and all that's happened to him.

"Where's your house key? Do you at least have that?" My body turned to him as he was starting to warm down.

"Lost that shit a long time ago mane, round hea' we use picks mama," coughing up from the cold air, I started up the car and drove to the only place that would be open for a good while, Walmart.

Driving to the store, I whipped out my phone to alert Dave that I would be running a little late and to hope he understood. Once entering the parking lot, the shit was nearly packed and I was already stressing. Shaking my head, I done gave up and decided to just take him back to the house just so he can have a nice bath and feel a bit more comfortable.

****

"Bathroom is down to your left and you can stay in the guest room for tonight. There's a fresh set of boxers and t-shirts that my boyfriend was willing to give you and they were never worn. While you do that, I'll go make you something to eat okay?"

With Kentrell following behind me, I wanted to make sure he was safe and secure in the house and that this night can be put aside.

"Thank you..for everythang. I know ian been respectful to yuh at all, but what you doing for me, no one has ever done before. I preciate' it," looking up from the floor, he slowly nodded his head after finishing his statement, making me crack a half smile.

Walking towards the room, I turned on my heels gladly as I left the headphones on the bed wrapped up neat and nicely for him before going downstairs to only see Dave's back facing me as he looked outside on the patio.

Paying him no attention, I grabbed a spare plate and the leftover chicken pasta that was in a plastic container on the stove, and shared some for Kentrell to put in the microwave.

As the microwave turned on, I put the leftovers away before grabbing a glass cup and pouring lemonade inside.

"Baybeh?" The side of Dave's head turned.

"Yes?"

"About the discussion we was supposed to have about Naomi, we need to talk.." Silence came among us as I stepped closer to him and there was a yellow envelope in his lap.

My eyes were confused before he spoke again, "She said she didn't wanna tell me if he was mine or not, so I've been too afraid to open this. Before Millie, Naomi and I had a past, but she left me for someone else...I think Reggie is mine and I didn't know how to tell you Parker," looking down at my waist, Dave was bursting with tears as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Mama, don't leave me, I love you so much and we've come too far to mess up US and what we built. Parker, I truly NEED you and can you open it for me please?"

Feeling overwhelmed, I took a deep breath.

"I love you too, but Dave, none of this is your fault. She didn't come back to tell you anything and waited years to say anything. I love you regardless, now lemme open this up."

Preparing for what my eyes may see, my fingers opened up the envelope for me to drop the glass of lemonade, hearing the glass shatter on the floor.

I couldn't believe my eyes!

Hey y'all Merry Christmas!! I know the chapter is Christmas Eve, but whatever, we might get to toss in two more chapters. We have came a good ways and I wanted to give y'all not one but two more chapters today! The other ones will be up later today, so yeah :) If I don't get to publish it today, my apologies cause it's Christmas and ya girl gon be siping on some eggnog! Anyways, I left you on a cliff hanger but the next chapter will let you know if Dave is the daddy or not! I love you guys and turn up today for your Christmas holiday!❤️❤️❤️❤️