59

1 Month Later

Parker

Things have been going great since Dave and I moved inside the home. We had to change our work schedules for the sake of Kairi and there was no bus transportation. So, every other day the two of us flip back and forth when picking her up and dropping her off at school.

Work is becoming repetitive since I took down the job offer in the social group. I came back for Dave because I love him and now, Marshall throws random clients at me on top of the ones I already have. As far as Julie, she is no longer one of my clients and I'm stuck with these two clients with the same problem: not being able to find love.

Seriously? One of the clients is 47 with eight cats who loves to watch soap operas. She doesn't have any children, but her friends advise her to change her look and attitude. She tried that, and she's expecting me to have the final answer. When she doesn't get her way, she'll throw a baby fit and start crying and crawling around the floor.

Her family doesn't want to send her off to a rehab or a madhouse just yet, they want me to give her one last chance at finding someone.

My other client is 37 who went to jail for a crime that he didn't commit, so he became a part of the innocence project. After serving fifteen years, it's taken him awhile to adapt to the change, but he's getting there. His issue is, he doesn't want the fact that he's been to jail scare women off since he hasn't done anything.

Honestly,  I feel bad for him, and I could only imagine what he goes through. He lives with his sister and her children and husband and works as a plumber.

Since he's my first client today, I hope to shine a little light and get to know him a bit more.

Just as the door opens, there he was standing tall with a black hoodie, jogger sweatpants, a black beanie, and some retro Jordans.

"Hi, my name is Nick, it's nice to meet you," walking over towards me, he flashed a smile before shaking my hand.

I soon began to notice his grand amount of tattoos along his neck and face. There was a cross next to his eyebrow and three dots right below it.

"Hi. I am Ms. Hardware, but you can refer to me as Parker if you'd like," focusing back to my desk, I grabbed my pen to go along with my notebook paper. I just wanted today to go nice and smooth so that I could go home to my family. I swear a house can make you feel some type of way, especially when you have a family waiting for you.

Dave

"I don't give a damn, Patriots don't deserve to have won the Superbowl and that's all I gotta say. The game way dry as fuck anyways,"  flicking the ashes off from my blunt, they guys and I were outside in the back of the shop  just talking nonsense and complete bullshit.

Today was a hard working day I should say, but it feels good knowing that people want to support you. Changing your life around is for the best and if anyone knows about turning life around it's me.

Just in, Sean came from around back with Peanut and Glizzy. They had a mean mug on their faces so I wasn't sure if it was good or bad news.

"We took care of ole boy..I'm good now aight?" Sean snapped as if I did shit to his ass.

Walking up closer to him, I clenched my jaw getting up in his space. He must thing that we got a problem the way he coming up in here like the nigga lost his motherfucking mind.

"We got a problem?" Turning my head sideways, my blunt remained between my two fingers as I began to straighten up in front of him. This nigga really think he can step up to me. He better recognize who he talking to.

"Nigga yo ass always wanna be the want to try and run shit. Dave you don't owe me. I wasn't doing this to protect the warehouse or your ass. I killed ole boy for the sake of my relationship with Gina not you."

His tone grew louder as he suddenly pushed me back. He really want to do this?

"Me? Nigga I was looking out for you and you just gon jump up in my face all mad and shit. PD would be taking swings at all of us right now if your clumsy ass didn't clean up your mess. Sean this is your FUCKING fault and you wanna come step up to me? Boy I outta beat yo ass right now. Yeen never did shit for me!"

All of my anger splurged out at once as if I was wiling to loose the best friendship I ever had. Who would've thought my best friend would try to pull some shit like that on me? Not to mention that his baby momma had her baby shower at my crib last week?

I let this man come up in my brand NEW house more than ever since he wanna stress and vent to me about how his baby momma trip over bullshit? The friend who's trying to clock my neck because I'm trying to help him not make a silly decision of his life?

Cops could've ran all of us down and I'd be in jail right now without even thinking twice. I wouldn't even get to see my daughter grow up fully. By the time they give me early leave, Kairi would be a grown ass woman.

I did shit in the past, but I severed my time in the cell. For me to go back in there for some bullshit that Sean did would be wild. He'd be a dead man walking.

"You know what? Fuck you nigga. Ion need you or none of ya'll asses. You trynna tell me that I ain't done shit for you? Yeah look who you with now. If it wasn't for me, your ass would've been strung out on the street. If it wasn't for me Mug prolly would've killed your ass. Pussy ass nigga, ion need you or none of ya'll lames. I'm out and you can keep that bullshit ass warehouse."

Dropping the keys onto the gravel, he looked me up and down one last time before putting his hood over his head and walking back around front.

"It's aight D, yeen need him anyways," touching my shoulder, Kentrell glanced over at me before I clenched my jaw.

"Some people gotta leave ya life for a reason right? C'mon ya'll let's go back to work," taking a big hit of my blunt i went back inside and began to finish my job.

I guess friendships don't always lasts..even the people who you trust the most could be your worst enemy. Hopefully Sean is sticking to not coming back cause my ass ain't gon let him back in. I swear throughout my lifetime, people have been given so many chances, but not this time.

There's a new Dave and if people don't like it, oh well. Piss in a pot and fuck off cause I'm only worried bout me and mines.

Hey guys, I'm back! I know this one is kinda short and I apologize to those who like the chapters long..don't worry! Literally the reason I've gone ghost is literally due to school. Dual enrollment is wild and managing college and senior year in high school is tough. No worries, the next chapter will be back to normal and everything will be fine!

With that being said, Sean and Dace are no longer friends which is sad cause they are awesome friends. Nonetheless, Nick is a NEW character..it's actually Nicky Jam and ion know if I should make him stay for a few chapters or be a little quick patient and go about his business, what y'all think? Oh, in the next few chapters three old/recent characters are gonna pop up, who you think it'll be? Comment down your thoughts and I'll see ya in the next chapter💞 DON'T FORGET...I LOVE YOU GUYS & I'm sorry for being gone for so long❤️❤️