16

Dave

Being in the the game for so long made me realize that it was time to do something for my benefit. Dragging Sean along, we decided to go look at some properties that are up for lease. Knowing that I got a criminal record, Parker wanted the business to fall through under her name until I can balance my life out and do right by Kairi and myself.

Driving through town there were a few but some were either torn up or in bad spots. I didn't wanna sound cold, but I NEED this shit to go right. I mean, that's my plan.

"You know the block going crazy cause Mug outta jail right?" glancing over at Sean, my eyebrows rose up.

Mug was a true father figure to me, taught me the real ins and outs of the game. When he got locked up the first time, I was the youngin to hold it down for him. We was Real tight. The man brought me to his mansion and even gave me couple stacks. I paid him his money back and shit was breezy. One night we got caught up in a deal and he ratted my ass out. Just when I thought loyalty and family was everything, it changed when I was locked up for a good four years.

The charge was supposed to give me a longer sentence, but good behavior does you well. As I got out, word round town was that he got thrown in. NYPD raid this niggas house and even tore down our old warehouse.

The one that we have now was started up by me, and I wanna keep my hands far away from that negativity as possible.

"Aight, you know what to do Sean. Don't start no funny shit and keep ya head low. Even if it means no deals for a Solid week then so be it. We don't need that nigga coming after us and I definitely don't need a new charge."

"Aight, I gotchu. Now, tell me bout this Parker girl, yeen hit a nigga up and ya wanna diss me for ole girl? What's lil mama like?" I laughed.

"Nah, she a REAL one and down to earth. She's the reason we outchea looking for a shop. Mama got faith in me and ion wanna break that trust," I gripped my hand on the wheel keeping my head straight.

"That's facts, but do she know bout Kairi and Millie?"

"I mean, she know bout Kairi, but nothing bout Millie."

"Oh word? What if they asses know each other? That would be crazy!"

Seeing him laugh made me nudge him before  pulling up to another shop, but it was for sale. On the outside, it looked nice from the outside, but I hope the inside ain't too bad. Our meeting with the sales man was in five minutes and he just pulled up too.

"How is shit with you and Regina?" once I put the car in park and turned off the engine I looked over at him.

"Mane, it's like having a stripper and a wife all in one. She be doing all types of shit in bed, but when the business come around, she hold it down. Yesterday morning, she come downstairs smelling good and allat and handed me the glock that I was ready to forget. It was all strapped up with a new set of bullets. She ain't like the choice I made to be where I am, but ion want her to get so cause up she looses ha career as a RN, ya feel me?"

Shaking my head, I began to think about Parker. What if I ruin her chances as a therapist? Some of her clients might be just like me, but she dating a nigga who's a criminal. We gon have to talk bout that shit later on.

Getting out of the car, Sean and I shook the man's hand.

"Hi guys how ya doing? My name's Greg," he gave both of us a firm handshake before telling us the details on the property.

I mean for it to be built in 2013, it don't look bad, but I hope ion gotta spend too much to fix it up, if there's any damage. Heading inside, there was was a trash can right above what could be a water leakage. It was something light that could be fix.