Old Friends

27

My eyes locked on his, my heart rate sped up, hand sweaty. I can't do this, no way in hell I'm doing this!

"Kelli what are you doing here?" he asks taking a step closer to me. It was Dylan, thats where I knew the name from, he was my best friend back in grade school, then in high school we started to date, but we were better off friends.

"Kelli, I missed you so much" Dylan says running over to me, hugging me. I wrap my arms around him, not wanting to let him go. I can feel Jason's eyes burn into my back, but I don't care.

"Oh god, what happened to you, you came up missing and everyone freaked out, what are you doing here, i have to call the cops, tell them your alive!" Dylan says all in one breath. He lifted his phone to his ear, but I knock it out of his hands.

"No! You can't call the cops, ok look i'll tell you everything just sit down" I say pulling him to the couch. Jason looked at me with a strict look, but i give him a 'relax, i got this' look back. He sighs and sits down on the chair on the other side of the coffee table.

"Ok, so I came home my last day of school and found Sam dead. Umm the cops came and asks me questions, they said that since my parents moved and aren't able to care for me, they took me to foster care, which is where I meat Drew here" I say pointing to Jason. I used the name Drew because if I would have used Jason McCann, Dylan would have known. Dylan looks at Jason 'Drew' and nods then turns back to me.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, why did you come here?" Dylan ask sitting back on the couch more. What do i say? 'I'm here to kill you and get all our money back'? Hell no!

"Umm, well I looked you up because I missed you and when I found you, I stopped by" I say, hoping he will buy my story. He looks at his watch then rubs the back of his neck and sighs.

"Kelli, you're not safe here, I think you should leave, it was nice seeing you but you need to leave" He says standing up.

"Why?" Jason asks standing up as well. Dylan looks at Jason then gulps.

"Well umm, I have friend that are coming" he says pushes us to the door.

"Then why isn't it safe?" i ask. I hope that we are the 'friends' that are going to come and not anyone else.

"Kelli can I talk to you alone?" Dylan asks. Jason was about to speak up but i grabbed Dylan's hand and walked into the kitchen.

"What is it?" I ask leaning up on the stove. He sighs and steps closer to me.

"Kelli, I'm in trouble" he says in a whisper. I scrunch my eyebrows together and looked at him.

"What kind of trouble?" I ask, but I know what he's talking about. He's in trouble and I'm here to make him pay for what he did.

"I owe a lot of money to this guy named Boss, he is a gang leader of the North Side, and he is sending someone here to get the money I owe him back" Dylan says in one breath.

"He's not the leader, he's the boss, the one that gives out jobs and manages everything" I say, defending Boss. Dylan gives me a confused look.

"Why the hell do you know?" he ask me. Think fast Kelli! He can't know that you're in that gang that is supposed to kill him!

"Umm doesn't matter, so what are you going to do?" I ask, but before Dylan had a chance to respond, Jason steps in.

"Hey Kelli, can I talk to you" Jason says, I debate rather or not to go, but by the look on his face, I can tell its about business. I nod and walk past Dylan over to Jason who leads me into the living room.

"What" I spat at him. He rolls his eyes then steps closer to me.

"What do you think your doing? We are here to get the money, not catching up on old times. Boss wants that money now, so go get it" He says, his eyes turn back so I know not to push it. I nod, knowing that I came here to do the job and I have to do it.

"Ok, just go out to the car, i'll be there soon" I say walking back into the kitchen where Dylan is waiting.

"5 minutes!" Jason yells behind me before slamming the front door.

"Is he ok?" Dylan once I stepped foot into the kitchen. I nod and walk closer to him.

"So that money you owed, do you by chance have it, because of you did then I can keep it safe, and give it back to you after your friends leave" I say to Dylan. I know he will trust me with the money.

"Umm yea come on" he says leaving the kitchen, going over to the steps. I follow him up them to his room.

"It's over here i'll get it" he says walking over to the chest that was beside his bed. Once his back is turned, I lift up my gun and point it to his head. Tears come to my eyes and run down my face.

"I'm so sorry" I whisper before pulling the trigger. Dylan's body drops to the ground. I walk over to the chest, grabbing all of the money and run out of the house, not wanting to be in there any longer.

I get in the car and speed home, Jason asks me questions and try's to get me to talk but I stay quite. Once we made it to the house, I walked into the house, not stopping when anyone talked to me. I walked right into Boss's office without knocking, and through the money on his desk. He put the phone he was talking into down to talk, but i just turn and walk right back out.

I passed everyone and run up to Grace's room, getting all my shit together and going down to my new room. I opened the room and put all my stuff away. There was a knock on the door but I didn't answer. The door opened and Grace poked her head in.

"Hey, how are you?" she says walking over to the bed, taking a seat.

"Yea I'm fine, I just don't want to take about it" I say laying back on my bed. She nods and stands up.

"Ok, well if you need anything let me know" she say hugging me then walks out of the room. I curl up a ball and think about today. I killed my best friend today. The tears fall down my face and my eyelids get heavy.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thanks for reading!

Thanks to @maegangallegos22 for the idea and writing the last chapter! Everyone needs to read her story!

Comment

Vote

Thanks for reading

-Bella:)