136) Unheard Love - Part 2

January 1, 2019

A/N: This is my first imagine for the year! HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!
This part two was requested by @xxmrsdracomalfoyxx and @sophiiglioscii.
Also please check out my video. The link is in my conversation board.
I'll make this imagine a New Year Theme imagine. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Thomas Sangster X Reader (AU)

It was December 30 and the Sangsters and the (L/N)s were planning their dinner for December 31 and that they'll stay up and count down until the New Year. It was the first time the two families will do this after and Thomas was both excited and nervous. Ever since that party, he was trying to muster up the courage to 'talk' to (Y/N).

At least, since he knew how to write, he could write to her and that's how they'll converse. It'll be a new year once again and Thomas wants it to be a good one. One that will give him new experiences and good memories. He was inspired to put himself out there in the world, all because of her.

Now it's finally December 31 and that (L/N)'s were coming over to Thomas's house. Thomas was extremely nervous, but he tried to hide it. Although the it wasn't exactly something he could hide from his knowing sister.

Ava then held her brother's hand and squeeze it before letting it go to ask him by signing, "Are you okay?" Thomas shook his head. "It'll be fine," she assured him.

Ava then heard the doorbell, but Thomas couldn't. But Thomas knew that the (L/N)s were here since he watched Ava look at the door. Then she took his hand and pulled him to the door.

Ava opened the door to see (Y/N)'s family with her at the front. How she looked that night took away Thomas's breath. She was really beautiful. She smiled and greeted Ava and when the rest of her family were being greeted by Thomas's parents. Thomas still just stood there feeling awkward and just stared at the family as they greeted each other.

There was one who noticed Thomas's discomfort and it was (Y/N). She slipped away from the two families who were so engaged in their conversations that they didn't notice her. She went to Thomas and smiled Thomas's favorite smile and waved at him. He smiled shyly and waved back.

Thomas pursed his lips and was about to get a paper and a pen so that he can talk to her. But then she did something that he didn't expect. He had no idea that (Y/N) knew sign language.

"How are you?" She signed.

Thomas had a shocked look on his face. He remembered the party for her big brother a few months ago. Their awkward conversation with the awkward hand gestures and pointing, all because he couldn't find a suitable pen to write on.

Although Thomas couldn't hear it, he saw her laugh and it looked genuine. He knew that it was because of him and being the reason behind her laughter melted his heart. "How did you learn sign language?"

"I took some lessons and studied from the Internet. I never realized how much you might need someone to talk to and how lonely you might be. Until that party," she explained.

Thomas loved how this girl could figure him out in seconds. "I'm used to it."

"No one should be," she had a concerned look on her face when she signed that sentence. "But now you won't be because you'll have me to talk to."

"Why would you want to talk to me?" Thomas didn't mean to sound rude or to seem like he's pushing her away. But he was really curious on why this girl would be interested in him.

"Why not?" She smiled. "We've been neighbors for so long but this is the longest conversation I've had with you."

"It's understandable," he signed with a shrug.

Their conversation was cut short when Thomas's mother announced that it was time to eat dinner. The family went to the dining room to eat the meal prepared for them.

-

The topic of Thomas's paintings suddenly came up in the dinner, not that Thomas could exactly know. But he did because of Ava and (Y/N) sometimes telling him what's going on. Thomas blushed when (Y/N) signed that her parents thought that his paintings were amazing.

After some persuading, Thomas brought (Y/N) and her family to his room after dinner to show his paintings, with Ava tagging along as another translator. Thomas received high praise for his work from (Y/N)'s parents and big brother, but Thomas noticed that there were no comments from (Y/N). That dampened his mood for a whole because he thought that she don't like them.

Thomas then felt a tap on his shoulder and saw (Y/N) holding a portrait of her. The one that he made. Thomas blushed as red as a tomato.

"Is this me?" She signed. He nodded his head. "I've got to hand it to you. I'm really pretty here."

"I only paint what I truly see. You can have it if you want."

"I can't take this from you. I heard that people pay for your work. I can't take it for free."

"Consider it as a gift from one...friend to another."

(Y/N) then showed the painting to her parents and brother and explained that it was a gift from Thomas. It was then Thomas watched them suddenly jump in shock because of the fireworks. (Y/N)'s mother held tightly to the portrait as the three leave Thomas's room to get ready for the New Year. Ava left as well, leaving only (Y/N) and Thomas inside.

"Your paintings are really wonderful," (Y/N) signed. "Especially the one with me. It's really beautiful."

Thomas smiled. "You're welcome."

(Y/N) the turned to the clock and so did Thomas. They saw that it was already 12 midnight. Meaning that it was already New Year.

"Happy new year," (Y/N) said.

Thomas watched her lips move and knew full well what she said. But as if one split second of a miracle just passed and Thomas could've sworn that he heard her. But he just shrugged it off.

"Happy new year," he signed, having a good feeling that it'll be a good year.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade