chapter 2: Sad news

I walked inside the store, Walmart. My mom gave me a shopping list what I had to buy. Eggs, watermelon, chips, frozen pizza, peas, and vitamin gummies. I lived in downtown Gotham City. Normally, there is lots of crime and criminals. But Gotham is a beautiful place to live in (if you're in downtown).

I got the food that was listed on the list. I paid for the food, and I walk out of the store, my house is not that far away, like a five-minute walk? As I started to walk, I was seen by many people. I just don't pay attention to them. After 5 minutes, I took out the house keys and opened the door and locked it when I came inside.

My dad came downstairs looking drunk. My parents have been drinking since I was 7 years old. It didn't bother me at all. "Hey, Princess, did you got the food like we asked for?" My dad, Nova said.

I nodded.

"Good, your mother said that you don't have to do school work with her today, because she is in a meeting with someone. However, you got to do chores, then we can go to the big mall you been asking me and your mother."

He gave me the chores list. My house isn't that big as anyone else's homes, everyone's is like so big, bigger than a mansion! My house is medium size (my parents love medium stuff).

My chores are: cleaning the roof (sounds extreme, but not a big job for me and my parents), clean the bathtub, clean the dishes, vacuum the floors, and lastly, cutting the grass

My chores are: cleaning the roof (sounds extreme, but not a big job for me and my parents), clean the bathtub, clean the dishes, vacuum the floors, and lastly, cutting the grass. I have been doing my parents' chores ever since I finished school.

Then, my mom came inside the house. She saw me and said, "Hi sweetie, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, so, how was the meeting?" I said.

"Same crap, Kirby, oh, I also went to the mail office to get mail, here honey."

She gave some mail to my dad, my dad opened all of them in one second (i dont know how you do that) "Bills... Bills. Bills... A trip to a strippers' club... Ahh!" My dad yelled as he ripped out the trip letter.

"Bunch of bullshit in here! Except for the bills. Gotham city is becoming weirder than I thought..." He said as he took out his phone to pay the bills.

"I'm sorry about your father, Kirby, he has been mad for a while." My mom said as she held my little hand.

I said, "Maybe it's because of the alcohol you two been drinking-"

"It's not the alcohol, Kirby, I'm not one of those people who are mad about their lives, I'm mad because of our neighbours doing disgusting stuff to their bodies, like sex for example. I HATED THOSE FUCKING NEIGHBOURS!" My dad yelled.

"Honey, calm down, if you really want, we can always go to the county side of America. No other neighbours there." My mom said as she took out strawberries from the fridge.

She put the strawberries on a bowl, and pass it to me. "Eat up, Kirby, you haven't eaten your fruits for a while. Whys that?"

"Well, because of someone's death," I said as I slowly eat the fresh strawberries.

My parents looked at each other, "Why dont you go upstairs to your room and draw something for us, that might make you better." my dad said as he gave me a drawing set of markers, crayons, paper, and a bunch more. I always love to draw.

I took it and went upstairs to my room. I looked at my parents as my mom place her purse on the kitchen table. I looked away and proceed to my room. "AND DO YOUR CHORES FIRST!!" my mom yelled. I have been very sad recently, and I can't let it go. But I can't draw right now, I have to do chores

A few hours later

I was drawing a picture of me and my parents, holding each others' hand and looking all happy in the picture, like it supposed to be.

My Mom called me "Kirby!" I sigh, and replied, "Yeah, Mom?"

"Can I have a word with you?" My mom said. I left my room and came downstairs. my Dad is making a salad for lunch.

"Kirby, sit on the couch," my Mom said.

As I sit on the couch with her "So what's up?" I said.

She was sad, I couldn't tell why? "Mom? Did something happened?" I questioned.

My Dad was done with the salads, sits down on the couch with us.

He also had a sad look. "Mom? Dad? Tell me why you two are sad?" I said.

My Dad said, "Kirby, remember we told you we will always there for you?"

I said "Yes? What happened this time?"

My Mom said, "you have to leave our supervision and go to a different place."

I was completely shocked why am I leaving? My eyes were starting to water up, "Kirby, we didn't make this choice" my Dad said.

"THEN WHO?!!??" I yelled.

My Mom explains "You see Kirby, there's this man, shouldn't say man because he isn't, named Master Hand, he runs a called Super Smash Bros, where people fight each other. he finds people to live at Smash Bros so Snash Bros can become the best place." My mom said.

"How do I know this? Here read this to me and your dad," my mom gave me the letter and I opened it.

I read the note, "Congrats, your child, Kirby Star Knight is a member of Smash Bros. You have a day to get Kirby ready." (My last name is Stat Knight)

I face my mom as she bursts into tears and crying.

 I have no words to say, I was speechless.

Tears went running on my face. "That means I will never see you two again..." I said.

My dad hugged me "hey, there-there, it will be ok Kirby." I just sat there crying while my dad hugged me, my mom crying too.

I ran upstairs to my room and shut the door, I continued to cry more still thinking what my mom said.