chapter 46: singing practice

As I was walking down the hall. I heard someone said my name. I turned around, it was master hand. I said "hello master," he said "hey Kirby, can you come with me? I have to show you something" "sure, what is it?" "You'll see" I followed master hand to a room I never seen before.

He turns on the lights. It was a music room. He put me the center of the room. He gave me a microphone, I was confused why do I need a microphone? I ask "what is this?" He said "tonight is the club and you have to sing" "w-w-what? Did you say sing?" He nods.

"but why me? You can just pick daisy or Samus. They have beautiful voices" "but your voice is more than beautiful. It's fantastic, that's why meta knight likes you" I rolled my eyes. "So what song I have to sing?" "The song you will sing is: hanging on the telephone, by Blondie" "you got to be kidding me, I'm a 12-year-old who will sing a late 1970s song. That song is so forgotten" "no it's not, I play it when I'm in the shower. So follow the lyrics from this paper" he pulls out a paper and opened it.

I saw the lyrics, I gulped "don't worry Kirby, did you know most famous singers have to follow the words in the script, if they mess up, they have to do it all over again until they got it right" "I'll try my best master hand" "that the spirit Kirby, now when you hear music you sing" "but who will play the instruments?" "The miis of course" I took a deep breath, I nod at master hand (which means I'm ready) he played the music.

I sang "I'm in the phone booth, it's the one across the hall
If you don't answer, I'll just ring it off the wall
I know he's there, but I just had to call.
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone." As the music keeps playing for a few seconds until he point (which I have to start singing) "I heard your mother, now she's going out the door
Did she go to work or just go to the store?
All those things she said, I told you to ignore
Oh, why can't we talk again?
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone!!!" I was starting to dance to the song.

Master hand like it, he points again "It's good to hear your voice, you know it's been so long
If I don't get your calls, then everything goes wrong
I want to tell you something you've known all along.
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone!!" I even dance with the microphone. He points once more but I have to keep singing until the music stop "I had to interrupt and stop this conversation
Your voice across the line gives me a strange sensation
I'd like to talk when I can show you my affection
Oh, I can't control myself
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone.
Hang up and run to me
Whoa, hang up and run to me
Whoa-oh-oh-oh, run to me" the music stopped. Master hand clapped, he said "great job Kirby. I just record your voice" I sigh I wasn't going to perform.

"So can I go now?" "Of course you can go" I left the music room. I was about to go to my room. When my eyes were covered by hands and dragged me.

 When my eyes were covered by hands and dragged me

So I just drew a scene from this chapter. And I love how it turned out.