Chapter Forty One

"Kookie... Y-you have to wake up.. please..."

Taehyung kept on whispering those words, rubbing the still unconscious Jungkook.

He rubbed his thumb against the cut cheek, before he placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Y-Yoongi?" Jungkook asked with his hoarse voice, making the ghost freeze.
Taehyung could feel his chest tighten, feeling hurt when he realized that Jungkook was anticipating Yoongi to be there with him now.

"No.. it's me..." Taehyung whispered alone, knowing that his voice wouldn't be heard after all.

"Oh, it's you."

And that made Taehyung snap his head up, only to meet with Jungkook's slightly droopy eyes.

"Y-you.. You can see.. No.. It can't be.." Taehyung gasped, closing his opened mouth with both hands. His eyes widened in terror.

The ghost was flustered and shocked. He didn't know what to say to Jungkook who was still looking at him.

"I always can see and hear you, Tae. Always.. Since a week after you passed away.." Jungkook weakly replied. He closed his eyes tightly, only to open it back afterwards.

Jungkook could feel a single tear dropped down from his eye.

"B..But then.. you stopped coming... So I thought I was imagining things..." He continued.

"Until..."

"Until you saw me in front of Yoongi's house..."

Jungkook just nodded.

He then chuckled, only to wince at his aching dry throat.

"And you started to mention Jimin hyung's name.. I got anxious at first..."

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, waiting for Jungkook who was now staring idly at the ceiling to finish his sentence.

"I thought you came back to haunt me with my past self..."

"Our past selves..." Taehyung corrected with a hushed voice, staring down at the floor with a thin line presented in between his eyebrows.

"W-when did it start to happen?" Jungkook asked, moving his head sideways to look at Taehyung who was sitting beside his bed.

"When what happened?" Taehyung asked in confusion. He lifted his head, only to meet with Jungkook's hurtful stares. He saw how tears started to pool, moisten the now reddened eyes belonging to the younger.

"Yoongi hyung and Jimin hyung..."

"Oh," and that was the only response Taehyung managed to give before he went silent again.

"Did they really sleep with each other?"

And that question made Taehyung lift his head up again, looking at Jungkook who was now staring emptily at the ceiling.

"I.. I don't know.. I wasn't there.. I-I suddenly vanished.. and... I.. I don't know why..." He lowly whispered his answer, too hushed but Jungkook could hear him because of the silence of the room.

"Don't lie, Tae. I heard what you said to Yoongi the moment he came out from the room."

"And is that why you became a fucking bastard by trying to rape him?!!" Taehyung slightly raised his voice, staring daggers at Jungkook.

Jungkook just kept quiet. He went silent for a good solid five minutes before Taehyung suddenly heard a sob coming from his trembling lips.

Jungkook pressed his lips closely together; trying his best to avoid his lips from keeping on trembling, only to have his eyes and cheeks wet with tears.