chapter 17

Demi's POV

I froze, I felt Gemma tense up beside me. I couldn't move, my mind was working but my body didn't seem to.

I felt Gemma's hand on my should squeezing it slightly as my mom brought Wilmer over to us.

I looked at Gemma she was slowly killing Wilmer with her eyes, she warned him not to come near me or she would literally kill him, and she has no problem getting a gun, her uncles in the British army for god sake.

I saw Wilmer notice Gemma, I fear struck his face for a second, but quickly went away when he realised she can't do anything right now. Gemma was trying to keep her cool, she was doing well so far but I don't know how long she can keep it up.

DI - hey Demi this is who will be joining us today I hope you don't mind I thought you two could talk.

D - n-not at a-all. I couldn't help my stutter, ill admit I'm a bit scared.

DI - Gemma have youcmet Wilmer?

G - ......briefly. surprisingly Gemma stuck her hand out to shake Wilmer's, she was trying to be formal it was working. when Wilmer shook her hand I saw Gemma squeeze his hand, kinda she silently warning him.

DI - Well Gemma shall we help Eddie with the barbeque and let these too talk.

D - no mom, we don't need to talk I'll help Eddie its fine.

I walked off with my mom, and I looked back towards Gemma, she was acting like their having a normal conversation but really I knew she was chewing him out.

5 minutes later Gemma walks up to me but didn't say anything she just smiled I mouthed sorry to her. she shook her head, she told me that he didn't know she was coming but he did know I would be hear, so he purposely hadn't listened to Gemma so he came here with a plan.

the food was finally ready and I had sat down, I saw Wilmer about to sit next to me but as he pulled the chair out Gemma sat down on the chair. he shook his head and sat opposite her since Dallas was in front of me. Gemma glared at Wilmer, Wilmer's face was unbroken, he had no sign if fear, anger or anything. if I had Gemma glaring at me like that I'd be pretty scared.

everyone started eating until Wilmer spoke up,

W - so Gemma, how is your tour going? AW I could really slap him now. Gemma remained silent for a minute,

G - well very good since Demi has been there to help, there have been no injuries yet....although just before we started, I was a bit sore. she said and tilted her head to the left she does that when she implying something.