Chapter 21: Till We Meet Again

Kihara Fuyumi POV

I woke up late in the afternoon, the room that Chizuru and I are staying in is Hijikata’s, no one was around, the window was open and to my surprise there was actually a white-fox sitting in front of the window with a gold letter in its mouth.

“An Ayakashi?” I curiously said it slowly approached me leaning forward to me, I took the gold letter out of its mouth which it willingly does.

You have been invited Kihara Fuyumi. Do not open the letter until everything that needs to be solve is settled. We will be waiting for you.

“Wait a minute…don’t tell me this is an invite from the…?” I said shocked. The fox didn’t say anymore. There’s this legend amongst us demons, that if a white fox carrying a golden letter appears in front of you the gods are giving you an invitation, no one knows what the invitation contains though, the only one who receives it will know, they say it brings good luck for the rest of your life, or it brings immortality either way if I don’t heed the fox’s advice of not opening it until everything is solve then bad things might happen…my Obasama told me this legend didn’t think that it’s true but the white fox appeared in front of me now…meaning...

Good Luck to you Kihara Fuyumi it bows

“Your voice, sounds familiar for some reason” I said

“…” the fox looked at me and smiled. If you can call a fox showing its teeth a smile…

You will know me in the right time and place.  Be patient and stay focused.

And with that parting words the fox jumped out of the window disappearing at the light. That was pretty weird. I put the letter away by making my shadow butterfly hold it and making it disappear.

“Fuyumi-chan your awake” I turn to Chizuru’s voice, she looks as if the end of the world has come.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. She explained that Saito and Heisuke were leaving the Shinsengumi, she mostly talked about how the Shinsengumi would weaken and the like I didn’t listen to the other things she mentioned about the Shinsengumi. “Chizuru” I started she looked up her eyes almost tearing up “Nothing can remain constant in the world, everything changes, you have to accept that and also know that as well so that you won’t be too affected at what’s happening around you. Sure you can be sad that they’re leaving but they’re still there aren’t they? They are still alive and breathing knowing that fact means that someday you’ll meet again somewhere in the world, if destiny chooses to make you cross paths again. Or whatever you believe in.” I said to her, she was just quiet “I actually need to go as well” she was about to protest but I shook my head “To go to the bathroom Chizuru, I won’t be leaving until tomorrow rest assured” I reassured her, her shoulders relax but she was still tensed.

-NIGHT-