Chapter 20: Commotion

Yukimura Chizuru POV

Fuyumi-chan and I are out patrolling with Okita-san, Fuyumi-chan was already better and Okita-san started teasing her again and they started bickering, but Fuyumi-chan was keeping her cool, while Okita-san was the one getting riled up

"You would know how a man I can be if I kiss you right now" my cheeks flushed at what Okita-san said

"Okita-san, do you know how strange that sounds to your men right now?" Fuyumi-chan says back to him

"Yamazaki kissed you already!" she stops, raising a hand while I was watching them in suspense

"Wait, is this what this is about? Yamazaki-san kissing me? That was CPR Okita-san!" She shouted "Why the hell are you so riled up? You were the one who started teasing me in the first place" she points out, Okita's cheeks had a tint of pink on them "we have a freaking audience now thanks to your outburst" Fuyumi-chan says annoyed, Okita-san's men were looking curiously at them while the other vendors were watching in anticipation. I wanted to say something to the both of them when Fuyumi-chan diverted her attention behind Okita-san, Okita-san was about to speak when Fuyumi ran pass him.

"Taro!" she shouted, Okita-san and I turned to see a black horse coming towards Fuyumi-chan, she hugs the horse lovingly "I was so worried" she tells her horse, but she turns around to me and hands me the reign "can you watch over Taro for me for a bit Chizuru? Thanks!" she then runs off, I was about to call her but she was too far away now, Okita looked annoyed but shrugged it off and we continued to patrol around.

After a while Fuyumi-chan caught up to us and Okita-san interrogated her as to where she went, she explained that she saw someone who looks familiar but she was too slow to catch up, Okita-san was doubtful but didn't ask any further. When we returned to the Shinsengumi Headquarters, Fuyumi-chan helped me around for a bit then we ate and headed off to bed, but before that Fuyumi-chan combed my hair first, she told me that we still needed to take care of ourselves even if we need to pretend that were guys, we still are girls after all. When we were done talking and she was done combing my hair, she went ahead and slept although I tried to sleep but I was unable to since a lot of things were running on my mind, I was a demon and Fuyumi-chan was a demon, she came here and escorted me to Kyoto and also protected me from harm since she was ordered by her father which is also kind of like my uncle in a way? She was helping me find my father which was also a demon, but she was looking for my father since her father ordered her to stop him from making furies...the Shinsengumi was also using the water of life to create furies but Fuyumi-chan stopped them and has been monitoring them for a certain amount of time now. Now Fuyumi-chan broke me the news that she needs to leave the Shinsengumi as soon as possible, it was after a week which isn't very far, she's going to leave soon since she received an urgent letter from her family via her horse Taro, she secretly told me that she sent Taro away to deliver something to their manor also, she kept the letters that she received when Taro returned so that Okita-san wouldn't confiscate them. I'm pretty sad that she's going to leave soon...but she wasn't really obligated to stay with me in the first place and I decided for myself that I'm also going to stay here.

but she wasn't really obligated to stay with me in the first place and I decided for myself that I'm also going to stay here