Chapter 1: Dark times

A/N: Alrighty! Welcome to Balance, this is a Star Wars crossover AU, after my last project, Night Fury got deleted, I'm going to be writing this book. In this story, Hiccstrid is the pairing, they were childhood friends, but due to Hiccup's or Horus's Force sensitivity? He was taken off of Mandalore to be trained as a Force Sentinel, and yes, the Viking characters as well as handfuls of their allies will be Mandalorians. Hiccup also makes contact with Ahsoka Tano, who was Anakin Skywalker's apprentice during the Clone Wars, together, they track down and recruit anyone they can who despise the Empire and ultimately form the Rebel Alliance. In this story, Hiccup, along side Ahsoka and Darth Maul will train Luke Skywalker in the ways of the Force, handfuls of surviving Jedi join the Rebels and aid them in their fight against the Empire and to ultimately defeat the Sith and restore peace across the galaxy. So, sit back, relax and enjoy story.

(Prologue)

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

STAR WARS

It is a dark time for the galaxy. Three years have passed since the conclusion of the Clone Wars, the purge of the Jedi Order and the transformation of the Republic into the newly founded Galactic Empire. The Sith Lord— Darth Sidious rules the Empire and galaxy as its emperor with an iron fist, along side his Sith apprentice, the fallen Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, now deemed Darth Vader.

Lord Vader has been tasked by Sidious to train former Jedi who fell to the Dark Side of the Force, who are now Jedi Hunters— Inquisitors. Their goal is to find and eliminate any surviving Jedi who survived Order 66 and bring back Force sensitive children to be trained in the ways of the Dark Side and be added in the Inquisitorious ranks. While the Sith and their Dark Side minions hunt the last of the Jedi, the Empire expands its military might and forces across the known galaxy to indoctrinate many worlds to serve and kneel under the Imperial banner, though many of these worlds have chosen defiance and as a result, the Empire lashes out against those who refuse to join the Empire.

Yet not all hope is lost. A young Force user from an ancient order that is now long forgotten except to the Jedi and Sith has resurfaced and has honed his skills and prowess to fully combat the Sith and the Empire, but first, he must seek out old friends, enemies, companions and the children of the Chosen One to join him in a rebellion to overthrow the Sith from power and to fully restore balance to a galaxy shrouded in darkness.

(Horus's pov)

I was awoken by a droids voice going off over the intercom on space shuttle speakers, informing the passengers aboard that we've left hyperspace and have entered our destination, I looked out the window to see the empty void of space and to see that we had arrived at the planet Nar Shaddaa. It's a crime infested moon where its dominated by bounty hunters, mercenaries, and whats left of the Hutt crime lords. After twenty minutes, the space shuttle lands on the crime moon, as everyone disembarks, I get up and inhale the air, I cringe at the stench, Nar Shaddaa is unfortunately the 'armpit' of the galaxy.

Though I have little choice.

I make my way to the nearest cantina, as I look around the city, I can see bounty hunters, thugs, smugglers and all types of scoundrels, slaves, and all kinds of 'average' life forms going about their day. I then see my destination and enter the building, inside, I am greeted by Twi'lek and Togrutan girls dancing for those who seek a feast for their eyes, bounty hunters and other scum counting their credits and those who just wish to escape the reality of our galaxy.

I approach the bar and the bartender looks at me with curiosity. "Mmm, what can I get you pal?" He asks, I looked into the bartenders eye and smile lightly. "A Blue Kamino. Please." I say, the bartender nods and serves up my drink, as I wait, I sigh heavily and stare at my left arm, it is mechanical and as I clench the mechanical hand into a fist, I could feel the anger inside me swell at the memory of how I lost my left arm or rather who took my arm, but I quickly unclench my fist and shake off my anger as it threatens to consume me.