Chapter 25: Prepaeration

(Normal pov)

The Rebel Alliance council was all gathered around a massive holo table and running over schematics of the Imperial Death Star, provided by Bothan spies, Horus skimmed through every critical area of the super weapon and then turned to his council and spoke. "If we're making a direct attack on Coruscant itself? We're gonna need a lot of firepower. Our naval might is strong, but the Empire's eclipses ours any day, as much as I hate to admit it. Which is why we're going to infiltrate the Death Star and hijack it so we can clear a direct path for our forces to land on Coruscant itself." Horus then enhanced the hologram of the Death Star so the council could see the interior before continuing to speak. "With the Changelings in our command? They shape into the Imperial prisoners you've captured and they'll have the correct clearance codes to get within the battle station, once inside? They'll turn off the Death Star's deflector shields and allow  our Mandalorian commandos to get inside and secure the key areas of the Imperial super weapon." 

Horus then turned to Maul and Cori and nodded at them. "Once the Imperial forces stationed on the Death Star are aware of the infiltration? You and your Crimson Dawn fleet will jam all their long range communications and give our forces time to clear out the battle stations forces." The red skinned, tattooed Zabrak and Glee Anselm nodded in acknowledgment at Horus before Maul spoke. "I am aware of Mandalorian combat prowess, but even several squads of commandos are no match for battalions of Imperial forces within that battle station." Horus smirked at the Zabrak and waved his concerns aside. "Don't worry. Our commandos have a weapon that specifically targets Stormtrooper armor and will vaporize our enemies, the rest of the forces stationed will be mop up." 

"And what would you have us do?" Bail Organa asked while gesturing to himself and the Alliance leaders, Horus turned to the senator of Alderaan and answered. "You and your fleets will be parked outside the Death Star, the Empire may have Star Destroyer escorts that might make things difficult for Maul and Cori's Crimson Dawn fleet who're to be hamming the battle stations communications." The whole Alliance leaders nodded at Horus's words and then the Force Sentinel let out a heavy sigh and looked into the eyes of all is allies, friends and people. "This plan is crazy I admit, or more accurately, its suicidal. But everyday the Empire is growing in power and sooner or later? They'll be almost impossible to deal. Which is why we need to hit them now, when they aren't expecting it." Turning to his right, Horus smiled at the sight of Ashara, Novak, Zoey, Val and Ahsoka, they all meant so much to him and they were his family. "I want a future where I can raise a family and grow old with Ashara and Ahsoka. But I can't have that future as long as the Sith are still in power and the Imperial flag still reigns across the galaxy."

Maul stepped up and placed a hand on Horus's shoulder and squeezed it gently and spoke. "The Sith have taken so much from me, you know this. I too wish to make a family with Cori and... as long as Darth Sidious draws breath? I cannot have that. I stand with you Horus." Horus turned to the former Sith Lord and nodded at the Zabrak before looking to the rest of the council, those gathered then nodded and pledged allegiance to Horus and swore to see this fight finished by whatever means necessary to live the rest of their lives in freedom and peace. 

Turning to Ashara and Ahsoka, Horus raised an eyebrow at them, the Mandalorian general smirked at Horus and spoke teasingly. "Do I even have to speak? Or have I not proven to you where I stand." Chuckling at the blond woman's words, Horus looked into Ahsoka's eyes and the Togruta nodded at Horus. "I'm with you. Always and forever." Content with his Togrutan lovers words, Horus turned to his council and nodded. "We've lost so much to get to this moment: friends, family, lovers, allies and time. For me? Palpatine and the Empire robbed me of nineteen years of my life! I will not allow our enemies to continue to spread their barbarity and cruelty across the galaxy! Together, we will overthrow the Sith from power, tear down their oppressive empire and restore peace and balance to the galaxy!"

Claps and cheers reached Horus's ears, there was nothing else to say, everybody knew what needed to be done and what was necessary.

It was now time to take the fight to the Empire. 

A/N: Short, I know, but these next few chapters are probably gonna be some of the longest ones yet and I wanna take my time making them action packed and to your liking. That and I've got a lot of real world stuff I need to tend to, which you guys already know. Anyway, I hope y'all are ready for these next few chapters and I'll see you then.