29

After doing their best, they at least managed to not let Heeyoung die. Everyone was relieved when the doctors finally brought her out of the surgery room. But the numerous pipes and tubes and needles that were connected to her didn't make them feel any better. "We will keep her in the Intensive Care Unit... we asl that, all of you may go home so that the patient can rest and you too." The doctor said. His eyes were tired, everyone was.

"I'm staying with my daughter!" The man, Heeyoung's father said.

"I'm sorry. No one is allowed to see her. As her doctor, I want her inside the ICU. The bullets hit her vitals and that could have killed her... She lost a lot of blood and that might mean some of her organs can't functuon normally.... Her wounds are still fresh and when some random people enter the ICU, she might suffer the consequences. So please understand... lets all put our selfishness aside and let her have some well deserved rest."

Everyone was stunned at the doctor so everyone just decided to take his advice and go home. Although they were all worried, it was better to do something else and be productive than sit in the waiting room all day.

News about Heeyoung's condition spread and tv stations put a whole segment about the shooting and her current condition. The police were working hard to catch the culprit but she seemed to have disappeared without a trace.

Heeyoung's hospital room was filled with flowers, get well soon baskets, fan letters and all. Police were stationed inside and outside her room.

"I am her mother! I need to see my daughter!" A woman with dyed brown hair arrived a day after the surgery and she demanded to see her daughter even though there were strict orders from the doctor and the police to not let anyone in.

"... Lets not force ourselves in there... Our daughter needs to rest." Heeyoung's father said, only then did he present his presence to his ex wife. "Its no use, it'll only endanger her more if you bring in bacteria and negativity in there with her."

The woman sat on the chair in defeat. It was like life got sucked out of her. She looked haggard and dark circles were under her eyes, she came directly from the airport in worry. "How is she?" She asked, gazing at the floor.

The man sat across her, gazing t the floor as well. "... She was critical... Got shot thrice...."

Her face fell. "How did everything come to this?" She sighed.

Both parents felt guilty and sorry for the daughter they abandoned.

The story behind their failed marriage? Well it wasn't an intent for them to begin a family, in fact it should never had happened because it was just supposed to be a one night stand. But it happened and they had no choice so they got married without love but for the sake of the child that they created. It was difficult for them to stay tied to the person they didn't love but there was nothing they could do. Every night, they fought, every night, they blamed each other for making a mistake. It came to a point they blamed the innocent unborn child and they thought of getting an abortion. They wanted the abortion but it wasn't the child's fault was it? The child they called a mistake was born and they couldn't get themselves to hate the baby girl who looked up at them like they were the child's world. She smiled up at them although she had no teeth. She smiled at them even though they were very bad parents. They thought they could do it. They thought maybe their baby could bring them together. But they both weren't ready for a family. They didn't know how to take care of her. So nutghts were frustrating when she started to cry started to whale. They were just teenagers who accidentally conceived a child and now are clueless on what to do next. When Heeyoung was a toddler, they couldn't take it anymore, always fighting and always getting on each other's nerves.... They packed their bags and went separate ways, leaving the toddler in her crib alone in the cold house they had. No one knew there was a starving baby girl inside the house until neighbors broke in because of a crying whaling child... Thats when they discovered the little girl crying for her mommy, starved and dirty. They somehow got in contact with the child's grandmother. She took care of her from then on, and she grew up not knowing why she never met her parents.

"Are you... Heeyoung's parents?" A boy asked, his curly hair covering his tired eyes.

".. yes... Who might you be?" The woman asked.

"I'm Bang Chan... Heeyoung and I trained together." He said, sitting down beside Heeyoung's father. "You could say we grew up together in the company." He explained.

The parents just kept quiet, not really knowing what to say.

"... She's finally fighting for her own life..." Chan said and it caught Heeyoung's parents' attention. They looked at Chan with confused eyes.
"After trying to kill herself multiple times and giving up on life.... She's finally the one trying to live."

"Kill herself?" Her dad asked. "What do you mean?"

Chan was surprised but at the same time not really. Since they abandoned her, it made sense for them not to know. But still, he thought they would at least check on her in the internet once in a while maybe check how she's doing or something. He realized, there are parents who are loving and there are parents who are just... Frustrating. "Well, if you checked on her in the internet or something you'd know she was diagnosed with depression... For a long time now... And it was the worst when her grandmother died.... She lost all will to live... She thought she had nothing to lose since she was all alone..."

Heeyoung's mom was about to say something when a nurse dashed out of the ICU. "THE PATIENT IS IN CARDIAC ARREST!!" Then the speaker resounded in the hospital.

"CODE BLUE. DOCTORS PLEASE HEAD TO THE ICU. I REPEAT. CODE BLUE."

"What was that?" Heeyoung's mom asked a nearby nurse.

"The VIP, STORM is in Cardiac Arrest." The nurse rushed off to the room. Not a minute later, doctors in white coats rushed in the ICU and a nurse pushing a defibrillator followed.

"Her pulse has stopped!"

"Do you even know how to do CPR?! EXCHANGE!!"

"One and two and three and four and..."

The trio peaked in the ICU and the aight of the girl in bandages, tubes in her nose and mouth, needles in her arms and all of those was a terrible sight. The doctor was on her bed doing CPR and another doctor preparing the defibrillator.

"Oh no ...." Her mom sighed and for her, everything turned black.