Somebody to Love. (27)

You woke up, disoriented. You looked at the clock, squinted your eyes and saw 4 am. "Can't sleep?" Roger said, scaring you a bit. "Yeah.." You said, getting up from the bed. "Where are you going?" Roger said, sitting up. "Let's go outside." You said, Roger complied and got up, following you outside. 

"What now?" He said, lighting a cigarette. "Now we talk." You said. "What were you going to say earlier in the day?" You said, seeing a cloud of smoke in the air. "We need to establish our relationship. What are we?" Roger said. You sighed. "..I have no clue." You said. "We're best friends, that's what we are." Roger said, taking a drag from his cigarette. "That's true, Roger Meddows Taylor." You smiled. "Never say my full name again." He said, smiling. "Alright, Meddows." You said. "Shut the hell up." He said, making you laugh. "With benefits though?" You said. "I suppose. I mean, we don't have feelings for each other right? That one time was just.. for fun?" Roger said. 

Now or never.

"Yeah, no feelings." You lied, choosing never. Roger nodded.

"So, who's the lady?" You said, Roger smirked. "Debbie Harry." He said so dreamily. "Someone's in love." You teased. He nudged you with his shoulder. "Am not." He said, throwing the cigarette on the ground and stepping on it. "Let's go to bed." Roger said, grabbing your hand and walking back inside.

-Later in the morning-

You rolled over to your stomach, stretching out your arm to where Roger usually would be. You lift your head up, noticing he wasn't there. You yawned and got up, still in your pajamas, you walked into the kitchen barn. "Seriously, Roger?" Brian said. "What did he do now?" You said, sitting by the counter and watching Roger cook bacon. "Wrote a song about his fucking car." Brian said, handing you a piece of paper with the lyrics. "I'm in love with my car..?" You said, Roger rolled his eyes. "Not quiet sure that'll make it on the album." You said, placing the paper down. "Why?!" Roger said, getting pissed at the both of you. "It's just.. not strong enough." Brian said. "Not strong?!" Roger shouted, grabbing a handful of bacon and throwing it at the both of you. "How about that?" He said, you shook the bacon off of your lap. Roger smacked everything off of the counter. "Roger, you child!" You said, hearing the plates break. "Everything alright?" Debbie said. "Yes, can you please leave?" You said, Debbie nodded and closed the door. Roger grabbed the coffee machine, raising it in the air. "Roger!" You screamed, putting your hand in the air. He put the coffee machine down. 

You turned around and saw Brian at the door, you walked up to him. "What the hell did we just witness?" Brian said, shaking his head in slight disbelief. You shrugged, looking at Roger who was getting on the counter. "What are you doing?" You said, walking over to the him. Roger somehow got into the cupboard. "Roger, get the hell out of there." You said. "No! I'm not until my song is on the album!" Roger said. "Go talk to Fred." You said, Brian nodded and walked out. "You're still here right?" Roger said, worryingly. "Of course." You said, smiling at how adorable he was. "My body hurts." He mumbled. "No shit, how the hell did you even get in there." You said, sitting on the counter. "How am i supposed to know?" He said, you giggled. "I know it sounds stupid, but i worked hard on that song." Roger said. "I know.." You said. "If Fredrick still won't put it on the album.. can you maybe, try to convince him yourself?" He said. "I'll try, can't promise anything." You said, making him groan. "Where the fuck is he." Roger said. "I can go after him." You said. "No! Stay.. please." Roger said softly.

"He said no." Brian said, standing in the door. You sighed. "Roger, i promise i'll be back in a minute. Hang on." You said, walking outside with Brian and seeing Freddie smoking.

"Let the song be on the album. Rog worked hard on this song and he is really proud of it." You said. "Darling, no one would like it." Fred said. "What do you know? Maybe a lot of teenagers who love their cars as well will absolutely love it!" You said. "You would want your song that you're really proud of out there in the world for people to hear! And you will never know if people will or won't like it until you try." You said, slightly smiling. "Fine!" Freddie groaned. "Get him out of that cupboard." Freddie sighed, you giggled and ran inside. "Roger, he agreed to it!" You said, running to the cupboard. Roger opened the door and groaned in pain as he got onto the counter and onto the floor. "Come on! We need to record." Brian said. You both smiled and followed Brian into the studio.

All of the boys got into the booth. "Anyone want a coffee?" Roy said into the microphone. "A coffee." John said. "Alright." Roy said. "Yes, a coffee with 1 and 3/7 sugars." Roger shouted, not having a microphone. "3 sugars?" Roy said. "No! 1 and 3/7 sugars." Roger shouted lightly. "7?!" Roy said. "No!" Roger shouted. You laughed. "1 and 3/7 sugars!" You said. "Oh!" Roy said.

After a few minutes, the boys got out of the booth. "Let's try and record Somebody to love." Freddie said, taking a sip of his water. The boys agreed and went back into the booth, putting on headphones. Roger sat behind the drums, Freddie by the microphone, Brian and John took their bass.

They started to play, replaying some parts, fixing up and screwing up. "How was that? After the millionth time, i think it sounds alright." Freddie said. "It's amazing." You smiled. "You always say that." Fred said. "Because it's true! And, who wrote that?" You said, getting up from the couch. "Me!" Roger said proudly. "You mean.. you can write another things then about your car?" You said. "Haha." Roger said, mocking you. "Darling, we're going to need you for vocals." Freddie grinned. "Vocals?" Your eyes widened. "Yes! Come on, you'll read from the paper. Me and Brian will be the deeper vocals while you and Roger will be the higher ones." Fred said, walking into the booth. "You'll do great." Roger said, patting your back and leading you into the booth. "Here." Fred said, giving you headphones. You sighed and put them on, but not fully, you left one ear uncovered.

You all started to sing the backup vocals. 

"Fuck, i messed that up." Roger said. You sang the bit again.

You got out of the booth. "Thank you again dear for helping us out. We're going to need you for lots of more help in the future." Freddie said. "No problem." You smiled, sitting on the couch. "And i see you're getting lonely, Rog." You said, Roger sat next to you. "That i am." Roger winked. You scoffed and playfully rolled your eyes. "What? It's been a year since-" You cut of Roger. "Shut up!" You said, getting up from the couch but being dragged back down by Roger, ending up on top of him. "Just do it already." Freddie rolled his eyes. "Oh, we did." Roger smirked, holding you tightly. "Roger!" You said, feeling your cheeks turn red. "What!? Are you joking?" Freddie said. "No." Roger grinned. "Will you shut up." You said. "Ew." Brian said, covering his ears. "When?!" Fred said, walking over to the both of you with excitement in his face. "In America at the hotel after the ball." Roger said, still holding you on top of him. "I didn't hear anything though.." Freddie said, slightly puzzled. "I said that we have to be quiet." Roger said, you hid your face in his chest. "Dominant Roger! I love it." Fred smiled. "Can we stop talking about this." You talked into Roger's chest. Roger laughed. "Of course, love." Roger said. "Thank you." You said, getting off of Roger. "Does Mary know?" Freddie said, you nodded. "And you didn't tell me? How could you, you two!" Freddie said. "We're done talking." You said, patting Brian's and John's shoulder. "So, you're a couple?" Fred asked, you looked at Roger. "No." You said, with disappointment in your voice, which you hoped wasn't too obvious.

They need to get together, i know.