John Shelby ~ I still want you

The night before John's wedding to Esme, you had both spent together - a night filled with love, lust and desire.

You both had no idea what was coming the following morning, leaving early to meet Tommy, ready for a fight with the Lees but got something equally as worse. Yourself and John had finally admitted that you loved each other and then he was promised to another, your heart breaking badly throughout the day as they kissed and cuddled like you weren't there - like you and John were nothing, like you didn't have something special. If he wanted to play like that, two can play that game.

*******
After the wedding, you and John only spoke at the office, him telling you what he needed done and you nodding in return, asking some minor details about the task at hand - nothing more, nothing less.

John missed you and he still loved you deeply. In fact, his love for Esme didn't even come close to the love he felt for you. You completed him, made him feel whole and happy, but he couldn't do anything about it. It wouldn't be fair on you, Esme or himself to endure his love for you as much as you both fought the urge daily to kiss like there was no tomorrow, you simply couldn't - it wasn't right.

You currently sat in your shared office with John, your desks opposite each other. You hummed softly to yourself as you turned pages of cheques, counting the numbers effortlessly as John tapped his pen in deep thought.

"Y/N?" You heard John say, a warm but nagging feeling settling at the pit of you stomach, the first word he had said to you in weeks. "John?" You pondered bluntly, looked at him as you rested your elbows on the desk, leaning forward every so slightly. "Uh... I'm sorry," He stammered, clearly anxious about your reply as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "For what?" You smiled sweetly, tapping the pen in slight amusement as you watched John stutter and stammer. "I've been horrible to you recently. I still have strong feelings for you, Y/N and they just won't go away, no matter how hard I try to push them down. I love you and I've been treating you like shit since I got married." John said, your eyes softening at the man you loved. "John, you had every reason to ignore me. You're married, we can't happen. I understand and I've learnt to come to terms with it. I will always love you, no matter who I'm with. It will always be you," You replied, the tension in your shoulders breaking as you spoke the words you so desperately wanted to speak. "Same with me." John agreed before looking deep into your glimmering eyes - you doing the same.

You loved each other and you both couldn't do anything about it, you could only come to terms with it and accept it and that's exactly what you were going to do.