Oswald Mosley - Happier

REQUESTED BY _xmirabellax_x
-

You couldn't help the broad smile that made it's way onto your face as you watched your husband talk to other people about his political views; he was truly in his element, and it was a beautiful sight. You walked with your twin boys, one holding each of your hands as you made it across the room to your husband. As you walked closer and closer to Oswald your eyes landed on the back of the man who he was talking to.

It couldn't be?

Could it?

As if Oswald had read your mind, he held his arms open for his two favourite boys and lifted them up, one in each arm. You smiled brightly as they squealed and giggled as Oswald attacked your children in kisses. He then turned to you and lowered the two boys down, letting them cling onto his legs as he held his arms open for you. You walked into them, forgetting that the two of you were in a room full of people as his lips pressed against yours in a soft, passionate and desirable kiss - one that told you his day had been successful.

You then both turned to the man Oswald had been previously speaking to, and your heart almost stopped.

Almost.

You wouldn't give him the satisfaction of having that much effect on you. He didn't deserve it.

Thomas Shelby didn't deserve to watch your eyebrows twist in confusion and shock of seeing him at a political MP Conference Meeting, but here he was standing right in front of you.

Tommy looked gobsmacked and completely overwhelmed as he put two and two together. The sight of you in the arms of the man he despised made his breath hitch, his eyes tingle with tears that he was desperately trying to swallow down, and the unforgettable guilt he had tried for years to bury suddenly resurfaced in his mind. You were practically glowing in front of him, and the sad thing was, you weren't glowing because of him. Your eyes didn't sparkle like they once did when you saw Tommy, they now sparkled for Oswald. In that split moment, Tommy had never regretted anything more than he did now. How could he have been so bloody stupid to cheat on you? ... and for an Irish barmaid who turned out to be a spy. Tommy loved Grace, he really did, but when he saw you in another man's arms, your cheeks blushing whenever he complimented you no matter how long you had been together, and the way you looked at him had Thomas Shelby jealous. He had done a lot of bad things in his time, but this mistake had just proved to be the worst. As Tommy watched your twin boys run circles round their parents, a small part of him wished that they were his, just so he had an excuse to get back into your life. Unfortunately, it was patently obvious that they were Oswald's children; the dimples in their cheeks and the mischievous glint in their eyes resembled nothing but their father.

Tommy was heartbroken.

After all, he cheated on you. What comes around goes around. You spent months and months crying over the blue eyed Brummie boy with his devilish charm, you were insecure about yourself, wondering why you weren't good enough. That was until you met Oswald who completely flipped your world; he treated you like an absolute queen. You were (and still are) his entire world, he made you feel worthy again, he told you that you were beautiful and proved it, and swore to never break your heart like your previous lover had. You hadn't told Oswald who the Brum was who broke your heart in two, he didn't deserve to be a part of yours and Oswald's relationship. Oswald though, had guessed who it was who once had your heart.

People talk.

Now as you stood beside your husband, looking at the man who hid so much regret and pain behind his piercing blue eyes, you couldn't help but give him a reassuring smile. You had heard about Grace's passing and knew that he was now wedded to Lizzie Stark. He wasn't happy, you could read that; you had always been able to read him like an open book.

He was a broken and hurt man.

And as you looked at him and watched his eyes flicker from your husband to your eyes as they continued to conversate, you made your peace and silently prayed that he would find his happiness.

As you had found yours.

-

author's note - I hope this was okay, really enjoyed writing this one as I'm also weirdly enjoying Mosley's character at the moment. Sam Claffin is an absolute god.

What do you guys think about episode 4, then? I'm shOok! 🙉💛