Tommy Shelby - 'Do I Wanna Know?' by Arctic Monkeys

You and Tommy Shelby had history. History that would never go away, history that you could never push to the back of your mind. You weren't right for each other, you couldn't be together, it isn't meant to be, but you both couldn't help it. The attraction and pull towards each other was too strong. He was a dangerous gangster and you couldn't be doing with the just of it all. It was complicated, you wanted each other badly, you loved each other but you both knew it wouldn't work. You fled to Scotland in hope to get away from the strong current pulling you closer and closer into Tommy Shelby, your self-care always came first. After becoming an orphan from an early age of ten, you had always looked after yourself and being with Tommy would only dismiss every single vow you had ever made to yourself.

Yet with every single battle you had with your head, you were striding towards the bar of the Garrison. The sound of your heels against the wooden floor causing a tight and tense atmosphere that had every man in that pub blushing and gushing over you. Your brown hair bounced effortlessly around your neck as you approached the blonde barmaid, her face full of intimidation and fear as she looked at you mercifully. "Whiskey please." You stated bluntly, a slight smirk playing on your lips, setting the blonde barmaid's nerves enough to get on with the task at hand.

"Scotch or Irish?" She breathed, her eyes searching yours. "Scotch please, lovely." You smiled, a small smile in return forming onto her lips. You had settled her nerves and made her comfortable. She respected you, a level of respect that you had never failed to receive. You slid three coins over the counter to her and watched her shuffle nervously. "It's on the house." She stammered, causing you to shift your weight from one leg to the other. "Consider it a wee tip." You insisted, nodding towards the coins before she pushed the whiskey filled glass towards you. "Thank you." She smiled as you clutched the glass and sipped it.

"Y/N?" You heard a familiar voice whisper. A voice that had your head spinning and you heart beating vastly. Calm. You reminded yourself as you cocked your head towards Tommy. "Thomas?" You replied back, a smirk playing on your lips as he watched you in admiration. You both wanted each other, it was no secret, anyone could tell that you had a strong connection that you desperately tried to get rid of. "What are you doing back?" He asked bluntly, gesturing to the barmaid for a drink. "Missed Small Heath. It hasn't changed not one bit. You have though, you're cockier. Who you trying to impress, Tommy?" You smiled, the way you could read him like a book impressing the barmaid so much that she stopped pulling pints and watched the scene unfold. Tommy scoffed and gulped deeply, lighting a cigarette. Another coping method. Nothing's changed there. You noted. You reached into your purse for a cigar and matches, lighting it in seconds before turning back to Tommy. "Who's the girl then?" You smiled. Again, another look of amazement as you continued to read Tommy like he was an open book. You knew everything about him, what he would do for his own way, his tactics. Absolutely everything. "Careful, you sound jealous." He smirked causing for you to laugh, a genuine laugh that made Tommy's mood lighten. He had missed hearing you laugh. "What if I was?" You remarked, sipping your whiskey delicately as you waited for Tommy's reply. "We've been down this road." He announced, his voice full of disappointment yet there was a hint of hope hidden beneath. After all, you could read him and you picked up on that instantly. "I know what I want." You spoke, the barmaid once again shuffling disappointingly. "Then take it." He announced, clearly wanting you as much as you wanted him.

As much as you wanted him, and you knew that you were going to have him. You needed to sort something out. The barmaid wasn't quite right and she had immediately rang alarm bells. "How many hearts have you broken, Tommy?" You questioned, the barmaid head instantly snapping up causing for Tommy to catch onto what you were implying before you nodded and headed out of the pub.

On cue, you leant against the wall before Tommy walked out of the Garrison, his beautiful blue eyes meeting your green eyes instantly. "I don't have a good feeling about her, Tommy." You stated bluntly, watching as he extended his hand out for you to take. "I'll sort it out tomorrow. I'm just glad that you finally admitted what you wanted." Tommy smirked down at you as you headed towards his home. "Me too." You breathed before you rested your head against Tommy's shoulder and walked across the cobbled streets, his warm hand a beautiful contrast in yours.