Michael Gray ~ Overprotective

"Come on, Pol. Let him come, I'm going." You reassured Polly as Michael stood tall, puffing our his chest, hands tucked in his trouser pockets.
"Exactly! You shouldn't being going either! You're younger than him anyway!" Polly screeched. "By a couple weeks!" You replied back.

Tommy, Arthur, John and yourself were trying to get Polly to allow for Michael to come with you and the boys to purchase a horse. Michael turning eighteen in the next upcoming weeks, wished and pleaded that he could come with you.
"Polly, I'll look after him. I swear it, I was doing the same at a much younger age." You spoke gently, Polly's face twisting in frustration. "No, it's not happening and you're not going either!" Polly exclaimed, pointing at you and Michael. "What the actual fuck!" You threw your hands in the air, Arthur and John laughing at your outburst - soon silenced as you shot them a dirty glance. "Language!" Polly proclaimed as you walked past her and out the back door, Michael following after you.

"I am so tired of this shit! We're old enough to go! Tommy's always going on about the next generation. Well, we're the next bloody generation." You shouted as you sat down at the table, Michael sitting opposite you.
"I know how you feel. How do you know my family?" Michael asked, a reassuring smile on his face as you smiled at him. "My mother left me on the doorstop in a basket and the boys took me in, her only request is that I took her last name." You replied softly, Michael's eyes softening at your answer. "Oh, I'm so sorry," he stated which caused you to laugh. "I'm not. I love the boys, I'm happier with them then I would have ever been in an orphanage. I'm sorry that you didn't get that though, that you didn't get the chance to live with your family." You smiled, taking his hand in yours, your eyes glimmering and his cheeks blushing. "I'm here now. I'm Michael, Michael Gray," He introduced, your thumb playing over his knuckles softly. "Y/N  Y/L/N, lovely to meet you." You replied with a smile.

You continued to smile sheepishly at each other with bright eyes until the door burst open and Polly came in. "You two can go but please look after each other." Polly stated, looking at your joined hands and smiled. "I approve of it," she added, referring to your joined hands which caused yourself and Michael to shoot your hands back and blush profusely.

*************

The long car ride into the country was hot and exhausting until the car screeched to a halt and the doors of the back of the van opened. John and Tommy smirked at your irritated face as they both smoked. Michael passed sandwiches around but not without any banter over Polly making sandwiches, the laughing soon silencing as you sent them a glance, Michael smiling in appreciation as you did so.

Once you had gotten to the horse market, you felt Michael intertwine your hands. You looked down at your joined hands and blushed, Michael doing the same until you gave him a smug smile as you made your way into the betting crowd. You hovered over the railing, looking down at the horses trotting around the arena while a loud voice boomed the information. You turned your head to see Michael staring at your once before concentrated face and bit his bottom lip. "Come on, lets go wait outside." You gestured, Michael nodding in agreement. You quickly told John where you were going and linked your hands into Michael's once more, leading him towards the door.

Once you were outside, you turned to Michael to suggest a walk around the estate but you were interrupted by his lips crashing against yours. You instantly kissed back and cupped the nape of his neck with your palm, playing with the short shaven hairs as you deepened the kiss. Before you knew it, you were pinned up against the wall, your tongues both battling for dominance, your legs wrapped around Michael's waist. If you were to be caught, my god you'd be in some shit for letting your guard down. For some reason, you didn't care, your worries vanished as your lips locked with Michael's - you felt something for him.

You were both soon interrupted by John's deep snigger, the both of you shooting your heads up towards him instantly. "Well.. well.. I knew it!" John proclaimed, smirking that he had found you out. "You've both been acting smitten since last week." The chuckles continued from behind John which caused both you and Michael to look behind John - Arthur and Tommy stood smirking at the scene in front of them. Your legs were still tightly wrapped around Michael's waist, his hands securely resting on your back as you rested against the wall. "Come on boys, lets leave e'm to it." Tommy smirked, winking at the two of you as he trailed behind John and Arthur.

"Come on, we better go." Michael stated before pulling you in for another open mouthed kiss. You jumped down from his waist and joined you hands once more before leaning up and pulling on his collar seductively. "Meet me in my room tonight when everyone goes to bed." You whispered in his ear before dropping back down. "Definitely," he replied before following you towards the car.