Michael Gray ~ Winks and Smirks

You and Michael had clicked the moment he came to Small Heath. You, a very close member of the Peaky Blinders, dealt with finance and helped Tommy to make the right decisions to benefit the company.

After weeks and weeks of the two of you exchanging smirks and endless amounts of flirting, Michael built up the courage to ask you out.

"Hey, gorgeous!" A voice said, causing the hairs on the back of your neck to shoot up like a flock of disturbed birds. You currently sat adding up numbers and peered up slowly, knowing full well who the owner of the voice was - Michael Gray. "Hey, handsome!" You replied, smirking up from your numbers, a pen playing between your index and middle finger as you peered up at Michael. You instantly realised that he was somewhat anxious and awkward today, picking the sensation up, you pondered him on it. "What's up, Mikey?" You frowned slightly, leaning forward from your desk, watching as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I-I was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner some time." He stuttered, looking at the floor in embarrassment, his confidence yet to kick in but getting there. "A date?" You rose your eyebrow, intending to stretch the teasing out in result for him to admit what he wanted.

He looked up, embarrassed and unsure as you smiled up to him, your eyes glistening, telling him all he needed to know. "Yes, a date." Michael confirmed, standing straight and tall, puffing his stomach out. You flushed at the action and smirked up at him. "I would like that very much, Mr Gray." You rose your brow, continuing to proceed with the numbers before he spoke again. "As would I, Miss Y/L/N," he grinned before pulling out a cigarette, lighting it in seconds and puffing the smoke out in front of him. Woah, he looked hot. You found yourself thinking as you gazed up at him, completely dumbfounded as you watched him in amazement.

After a few moments of smirking and winking, your hard-to-get instincts clicked back into place and you fired yourself back up. "So, Michael. When is this date?" You asked, resting your chin on your forehand as you beamed up at him, your eyelids fluttering briefly. "Tomorrow night, I'll pick you up at seven at your place and then we'll go to a fancy restaurant a little out of town," Michael replied before lifting the cigarette to his mouth and drawing in the tobacco intently. You crossed your legs and smirked up at him, raising your brow ever so slightly, your beautiful brunette wavy locks resting on your shoulder.  "Make that half seven, Mr Gray." You insisted, teasing your bottom lip between your teeth as he looked down at you lustfully. "See you then, Miss Y/L/N." Michael replied before winking and exiting your office, John patting him on the back as he strode towards his own.

**********
The next day, Michael arrived at your apartment at exactly half past seven with a heavy knock on the door as you dabbed the last bits of powder onto you soft skin.

As you made your way to the door, the beautiful silky red dress that made your figure look curvy briefly tickled your thighs.

You held a small hand purse, a coat tucked over your arm as you opened the door to a nervous Michael

You held a small hand purse, a coat tucked over your arm as you opened the door to a nervous Michael. You watched him gulp as he took the sight of you in -you looked absolutely stunning and Michael was thrilled he had asked you out.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, he decided to break it. "You look absolutely beautiful.... wow," he breathed, still overwhelmed at how ravishingly gorgeous you looked before him. "Thank you. You look so handsome, Michael. Shall we?" You stated, taking his raised arm as he pulled you towards a perfectly cleaned and polished car - no doubt one he had borrowed off Tommy.

You nodded as he held the door open and leapt into the car, waiting for him to walk round and get in.

Once he had got in, he turned to you and smiled. "So, lets off road," he beamed, starting the car and lurching it towards the restaurant, smiling to himself for the night ahead.

******
The evening was going perfectly, the food was fantastic and the familiar smog and loud roaring of people in the streets of Small Heath was far from the entrancing scene between you and Michael. You both currently sat engaging in an intriguing conversation for anyone who heard it.

"So, you wouldn't want to move to America if you had the chance?" Michael asked, fully engrossed in the conversation, a glass of whiskey clutched into his hand. "It just seems too good to be true, you know? I'm happy here, I have good work, good pay. Don't get me wrong it's a dangerous job but I enjoy it. On top of anything... I have good company." You smiled, raising the expensive glass of wine to your maroon painted lips. "I see where you're coming from, but don't you want to see if what they say is true?" Michael smiled back, taking a sip of his whiskey. "About the promised land?" You pondered, swirling the red liquid in your hand as he nodded. "Honestly? No, I am happy in Small Heath. I take interest in the Shelby's business." You proceeded, raising your brow. "Fair enough, it's a matter of opinion," he beamed, placing the finished whiskey on the table and waited patiently for you to finish yours before asking you if you had finished.

******
"I was going to pay, Y/N. I asked you out for dinner with full intention to pay for our food." Michael stated agitated as he pulled up outside your apartment, staring out of the pane of glass in frustration. "Michael, you asked me out for dinner and I thanked you by paying for it. It doesn't matter who pays for the dinner, we had a nice time. If you're so bothered, you can pay for the next one." You stated, watching as his eyes lit up at the mention of a second date. The words you had spoken only just running circles in your mind after you had said them. "There's going to be another date?" He asked, turning to study your grinning face, your beautiful green eyes reflecting the moonlight. "Yes," you breathed, leaning towards him to place a gentle kiss on his cheek before getting out of the car and into your home, leaving Michael's stunned and wanting more.