Tommy Shelby - Stubborn Hearts

Thomas Shelby was a stubborn man. Anyone could see that. Just like they could see that the pair of you had incredibly strong chemistry that you both tried to hide desperately.

If anyone was to ask if there was something going on, you would shrug your shoulders and laugh to yourself. You were a barmaid at his pub, of course the pair of you spoke and laughed occasionally. You basically saw him every single day. Tommy practically glowed when he saw you and turned cherry red when you rolled your head back and laughed at something he had said. His brothers constantly egging him on, rooting for the two of you to confess your feelings and put everyone at ease.

That was the thing, you were both too stubborn and scared to confess that everyone was right and that you indeed really liked each other.

-
It was a just another normal day at the Garrison; men chatting with you, engaging in political conversation that you found passed the time to no extent. That was until Tommy came in and the challenge to make you laugh was his.

You instantly recognised the footsteps as they began to get louder, indicating the gangster's presence. You felt your cheeks flush when you felt his soaring gaze on you.

Every single eye in the pub turned to  the two of you as you started to greet each other, the tension only increasing as you watched each other with subtle soft eyes.

"Whiskey please, my love." Tommy nodded and watched you flicker your eyes at him. "Scotch or Irish?" You asked, already knowing the question but desperately trying to linger the conversation for as long as possible.

Tommy smirked, reading you like a book. "Irish," he replied and fished around in his pocket for a cigarette, placing one in his mouth before he struck a match and lit the rolled paper. "Tell me, how have you been?" Tommy continued to ponder. A small, soft smile making its way into your face as you focussed on pouring the whiskey for Tommy. "I've been keeping myself busy. Saving up to buy a dress for your family's party." You replied as you passed the glass of the maroon coloured alcohol across the counter, you hands meeting Tommy's in the middle, sending sparks and warm jolts through your body. You both instantly met each other's eyes, clarifying that you both had felt that before quickly blushing and pulling away all contact.

Tommy cleared his throat and took a drag of his cigarette, his jaw flexing as he did so

Tommy cleared his throat and took a drag of his cigarette, his jaw flexing as he did so. "I was about to ask you if you were going to that. Here, take this receipt and go to the Small Heath tailors. I've got you a dress under the name Shelby." Tommy announced and alliterated his words while smoke fell from his lips.

You looked at each other in complete dismay and content as your fingers touched again as you delicately took the receipt from his strong warm hands. You gulped and looked back at him, a thankful and dumbfounded sparkle in your eye. "Thank you so much, Tommy." You blushed and watched him nod, straightening out his cap on his head and coat before he finished his whiskey. "Save me a dance, love." He replied and walked out, leaving you completely and utterly astounded.