Tommy/ Michael / Finn - It's always going to be him

REQUESTED BY PeakyShxlbys

Tommy and Michael has always been in a constant battle to win your attention, your travelling gaze or to be the wonderful victorious reason why you laughed the laugh they found themselves blushing over.

Ever since you had gotten the job at The Garrison, Tommy had been rooting to take you out for dinner or to buy you even the most expensive drink from behind the bar. When you had politely declined the offer to dinner because you were seeing somebody, Tommy felt that he needed to try harder to win your affection and he wouldn't stop until he had reached that goal. No matter how hard he tried to track down the man you were seeing, he could never grasp and catch who this man was who had you so deeply in love. That was before Michael had come into the picture, Tommy being at least 10 years older than you. You didn't usually care for age, age was just a number for you and you wouldn't let it come between love. Tommy obviously knowing that's what you believed, read the wrong signal and thought that you felt the same way about him, constantly asking you if you wanted a drink or if you were okay.

When Michael had returned home to Small Heath, both boys were running circles around you. You were classy and elegant, beautiful and sophisticated. You knew what you wanted and you didn't shy away when you went after it, you were by far the prettiest and smartest woman in the whole of Small Heath, maybe even in the whole of England.

<><><><><>

It was just a regular Thursday night at The Garrison, pulling pint after pint for the drunken men stumbling up to the bar and scattering their change across the counter, battling their eyelids at you while you concentrated on the job at hand. You didn't notice the way the men drooled all over you, for you were thinking about your love, the man that you truly couldn't shake from your thoughts - not that you wanted to anyway.

"Hey Y/N." A voice said from behind you, the voice you recognised to be Michael Gray. You turned around and smiled, throwing a dishcloth over your shoulder and waited for him to order what he wanted. "What can I get you, Mikey?" You asked politely, smiling cheekily as he blushed. "Scotch please." He gulped watching you nod and head over to the whiskey, pouring a glass. You slid the glass over the counter and nodded at him. "On the house." You smiled and watched him grin. "Thank you." You smiled once more and headed over to serve a man who wanted another pint, Michael's gaze never once leaving your figure.

"Back off yeah, Michael." Tommy spoke deeply, coming to stand next to him. "Sorry?" Michael asked, removing his enchanted gaze from you to Tommy's stern expression. "I said, back off. You're not good enough for her." Tommy stated calmly, staring at the pub wall as he smoked his cigarette. "What and you are?" Michael scoffed, looking at his cousin in pure disbelief.

"Actually, none of you are good enough for her." Ada spoke up from behind the boys, settling her hat and purse down on the counter. "She's with Finn."

Tommy choked on his whiskey but quickly recovered himself. "Sorry, Finn? Our Finn? As in, Finn?" Tommy asked shockingly. Michael was still in shock as he looked at Ada in hope she was joking. "Yes, Tommy." Ada rolled her eyes and gestured the barman for a glass of gin. "Our Finn. He loves her so don't screw it up." Tommy didn't reply. Instead he drank his whiskey and walked out of the pub, settling his cap on his head as he did so.

"You guys alright?" You asked, settling the dishcloth on the counter as you greeted Ada, one of your closest friends. Michael didn't answer either, following Tommy's previous path out of the building. "What's up with the boys?" You asked Ada, a worried expression on your face. "I told them about yourself and Finn." Ada replied, taking a sip of her gin. "Fuck, Ada. Finn was going to tell them, he wanted it to be a surprise." You sighed, thinking nothing of Tommy and Michael's flirtatious behaviour, thinking you were past that stage - obviously, you were wrong. "Oh, it'll definitely be a surprise." Ada sighed, looking bluntly at your face once again. Before you could ask her on what she meant, a man had slammed his pint glass on the counter and had asked for another pint. "I'll meet you at the house tonight." You nodded and left Ada to drink her gin.