John Shelby - Sinful

REQUESTED BY nzavaw
-

When you had left Small Heath all those years ago, you never once for a second thought you'd be back walking down the cobble streets or letting the smoke fill your lungs again. Your husband, Nate, had pleaded and persuaded you to bring him to the place you once called home. The place you had grown up in. You hesitantly agreed, and you sure as hell hesitantly agreed to let your child, Daniel, come with you.

To let his child go back to the place where they'd all figure it out.

You had left your hometown when you had had an argument with your family over the fact that you hadn't moved out yet. To top it all off, your boyfriend at the time, fell out with you over nothing. In hope to get away from all the negative people in your life, you fled to London and made your own money, proving your family wrong.

That was until your found out you were pregnant.

With his child.

You were definitely not willing to give up your baby so you worked even harder; being a single mother would be a hard task in a world like this one, but you weren't giving up without a fight.

That was all until you met Nate. The perfect man. The man of your dreams. You both fell in love, he took you in and told you that he would treat the baby as his own, raise him and build a family with you. You couldn't believe how lucky you were and what you had done to deserve such an angel to walk into your life and slowly take the reigns. You were happy. Happier than you had been in a long time.

-

The journey from London to Small Heath, Birmingham was long and exhausting. You were fed up watching the scenery flicker past you as the train hammered along the tracks, taking you back to him.

Him.

He was all you could think about. He clouded your thoughts like mist clouding the sky. The scent of his skin, so fresh and familiar, the feeling of his short shaven hairs playing between your fingertips was making your skin tingle from the thought, and his soft lips on yours, moving down to trail kisses down your -

"Tea, Sir?" A member of staff passed with a trolly as she raised her eyebrows, motioning to the drinks. Both yourself and Nate shook your heads and watched her move onto the people in front of you. Everything was coming back, and the bad thing was, everyone was going to know just who's son Daniel was.

And, it sure as hell wasn't Nate's.

Sadly, his father was someone well known in this damn town, and everyone would recognise both yourself and your son almost instantly. That was exactly why you didn't want to go back.

Repu - fucking - tation.

-

The train had finally come to a halt and both yourself and Nate took one of Daniel's hands each, swaying your two year old's hands back and forth in rhythm to your steps as you made your way to the hotel you had booked a room in.

"Where's Daddy?" Daniel asked, mispronouncing some of his syllables as he spoke, making you smile into those daring blue eyes he shared with his father, and that damn charming grin.