Chapter 7: Am I Bad?

GOKU

"Ow, Chichi." Goku wined limping into the ship "did you have to hit me so hard?"

"You said you were all better." Chichi huffed taking a seat at the controls and closed the door.

"I have to get better faster." Goku grunted settling back into his seat beside Chichi.

"well you can't." Chichi snapped "you have to follow the doctor's orders like everybody else."

"But I have to be ready to help Gohan and V." Goku wrapped his arm around his ribs. "our kids are out in space and I'm laying in bed all day doing nothing." Goku slammed his fist into the arm of the chair.

"Don't you think I feel the same way." Chichi snapped "my little boy is out in space and there's nothing I can do to even help him because now, after he was kidnapped by your enemy, he's stronger than me and if someone is stronger than him there's nothing I can do." Chichi clenched the wheel, tears shimmering in her eyes "and now there's this alien girl that's supposed to be my daughter and I don't know how to feel about her even though my idiot of a husband brought her home as if she were some stray animal." Chichi glared at the wheel, not moving. "and now my son loves two aliens and has grown up without me." A tear trailed down Chichi's cheek "what am I supposed to do with that, Goku?" Chichi demanded finally looking at Goku.

"I'm sorry, Chichi." Goku sighed and reached for Chichi "I had no idea that's how you felt." A determined look crossed Goku's face, Chichi recognized it from every time in the past when he was ready to face someone.

"but that's why I have to get strong, I need to be strong enough to save our kids and our planet." Goku met Chichi's eyes. "okay?"

Chichi looked at Goku, he wasn't telling her, he was asking her permission. Chichi sighed "I just didn't think I was going to have to share you with the universe and the world is all." Chichi offered a soft smile at Goku, ignoring the pain, Goku forced himself to his feet and wrapped his aching arms around Chichi "only because I want it to be safe for you." He said kissing her head. He didn't always give affection, not the kind that Chichi liked but he knew it made her happy, so he hugged her and he kissed the top of her head and they sat there like that, allowing happiness to settle around them for just this moment.

V

What did he mean? V wondered for what must have been the millionth time in the last hour.

"V, what's the matter with you?" Gohan asked "you keep going away." Gohan felt a little hurt with the way V seemed to just forget about him since they got off that planet. Is she already bored of me? Gohan wondered doesn't she want to train with me anymore, I'm getting stronger

"No!" V exclaimed "Never, I love you, Gohan, you're the best baby brother in the universe!" V hated to feel Gohan like that, he always felt worried, like he wasn't good enough or something. "I just..." V shook herself "Nothing, I just... haven't been to Namek in a while." V looked at the ground, she hadn't been thinking about that but now that she said it, that was on her mind too "I was just wondering if someone I met before will still be there" and if he'll even want to see me V rubbed her head with her tail worrying is so annoying V thought frustrated.

"What were you saying?" Gohan prompted V. V gave herself a shake and tried to pretend Piccolo was there nagging at her to focus on what they were doing.

"Use your whole body." V said trying to demonstrate "Every piece of you is a weapon, your fingertips, to your head, to your toes." V got into stance, her tail swayed back and forth "Attack me as fast as you can." V ordered. Gohan learned by this point to just do it, she was too fast for him to really hit anyway.