Chapter 9: Stupid Herocis & Betrayls

"Why does she keep doing this?" Veltro groaned mostly to himself but he wouldn't mind Dronare's advice either.

"For someone who thinks she's bad-" Dronare began but Veltro cut him off

"She's not bad." Veltro said with certainty, he knew what bad looked like, even if Veroca didn't think it he did.

"I was just going to say, she spends a lot of time trying to save people at her own expense." Dronare gave Veltro a look, Veltro looked away from Dronare to the sky toward V.

"Yeah." Veltro didn't know what else to say, Dronare already knew how he felt, words weren't really necessary between them like Gohan and V Veltro thought sadly she's not gonna stay here, not now that she has him Veltro cast a quick glance at Gohan only to find his innocent but determined eyes staring back at him.

"You really think we should be charging head first into something like this?" Krillin asked Gohan.

"We have to help V." Gohan said simply still watching Veltro I'm a fighter too Gohan thought, that's what V liked about Veltro, right? I'm part Saiyan

"Maybe you should just let V do what she wants, huh?" Krillin tried to sway Gohan but even before he began he could see that Gohan wasn't going to change his mind for anything, still, he had to try. "I mean, maybe she's got a good reason for going off alone?"

"No, she's going to get herself killed because she's so afraid of getting someone else hurt." Gohan looked at Krillin "why don't you like her?"

"She keeps putting you in danger." Krillin admitted "you're my best friend's son, I'm practically your uncle."

"Then you're V's uncle too." Gohan reasoned "Dad was the one to say she could be his daughter, Dad brought her into our family and you know what, Krillin, she was meant to come to Earth, and dad and I were meant to find her."

"You can't really believe that whole bonding thing, can you?" Krillin rolled his eyes.

"we believe in magic orbs with a dragon that comes out and grants us a wish." Gohan pointed out "in Kais that train people like my dad to wish them back to life and save the earth." Gohan reasoned again "an alien guardian of the Earth and we just traveled six months across the galaxy to get to a planet to find more magic orbs with another magic dragon."

"Well... that's..." Krillin stumbled over his words "that's not... the same."

"Why not?" Gohan demanded. Dronare smiled, how could an Earthling understand?

"Gohan." Dronare called "there's no way for him to understand, unless they feel the bond, there is no way for them to possibly understand."

"Please don't give him anymore ideas on this whole bonding thing." Krillin sighed, the whole thing was ridiculous, right? About as ridiculous as magic orbs and wish granting dragons? Krillin thought he was open minded but maybe he had just known about the dragon balls so long now, they weren't legend to him, they were just fact. They were as real as the sun. Aliens were just people, evil demon alien kings sometimes tried to take over the world and his alien best friend had to be the one to save it man, maybe I'm not open-minded after all Krillin thought maybe I'm just too used to some things.

"There." Gohan landed leading everyone to the ground, Veltro only followed with prodding from Dronare.

"where?" Dronare tried to sense V out but she was masking her energy. Gohan followed the ever so slight tug. "this way." Gohan inched forward, he got a sense of stealth. He could sense the big power levels, they felt dark and mucky but he didn't see them yet.

I have to do something

Gohan caught the thought as if he were walking in on a conversation.

V, where are you Gohan had never intentionally tried to talk to V like this before but if Dronare could do it with Veltro, maybe he could do it with V.