Chapter 10 (46) - Truth & Lies

"Soos?" Dipper said as he saw Soos.

"Ahh! Oh, kids! Where've you been?" Soos asked as he turned around.

"What are you doing here, Soos." you asked.

"Stan gave me a mission to protect this machine! Ha! And I thought I loved snacks." Soos said and pointed at the machine behind him.

"Soos, listen. Something huge is going on here. If Stan is hiding some dangerous secret, we need to find out what it is! I need you to step aside." Dipper tried reasoning with him.

"Yeah, just let us through so we can prove this is all just a big misunderstanding." Mabel said backing her twin up.

"Guys, I know this seems crazy, but I promised Stan I would guard this with my life." Soos said.

"You guys want me to knock him out?" you asked as you waved your hand at them.

"No, I think Mabel got this." Dipper said as he nodded at his twin.

"I'm sorry, Soos." Mabel said then blow a hand full of glitter dust at Soos.

"Aah! Attack glitter! It's pretty, but it hurts!" Soos screamed as he rub his eyes.

As the twins fight Soos, more or less, you sneaked up to the vending machine and inputted the code. The vending machine swung open like it was a door, and out come smoke. You saw a staircase leading down.

"It's like something from a video game..." Soos said in awe.

"Or a dream..." Mabel said.

"...Or a nightmare." Dipper said.

"Or reality..." you said, seeing as everyone said something.

The four of you walked down the stairs and to a room full of buttons and lights, you walked to the desk and saw the first and the second journal laying on the desk.

"Guys, are we dreaming? Somebody wake me up." Mabel asked as she looked around the room.

"This can't be real..." Dipper said.

"I don't understand. Why would Mr. Pines have all this?" Soos questioned Stan as well, even though Stan was his boss.

"It's just like that bunker in the woods..." Dipper summed it up.

"But what is it doing underneath the Mystery Shack?" Soos asked again.

At this point more and more questions popped up in their minds, but there were no answers given.

"Okay, okay, so he's got a huge gigantic lab. That doesn't mean anything bad! Everyone's got secrets!" Mabel said and walked to your side, she saw a picture of her and her twin smiling then she picked it up. "It's still Stan, and he loves us. And we love him. Right?"

"Dipper." you called to him, gesturing for him to come take a look at the two journals you found. "Check this out..."

"It can't be... it's impossible. The other two journals? All this time... all this time, Stan had them?! I can't believe it! Was anything he said to us real?!" Dipper shouted in rage and kicked the desk, "Why would he have those journals?!"

"Maybe he's the author." Soos said.

"Stan can't be the author." you told him.

"Or maybe he stole them from the author! Maybe the reason he has all those fake IDs is because he is a master criminal, and this machine is his master plan!" Dipper yelled and pointed at the upside down triangle machine with lights.

You opened the journal #1 and #2 to the page where it talks about a portal, you joined the two journals with Dipper's journal, where it forms the actual portal seen from the room.