Birthday

My name is Valentina Guzman.
I have been training to be a femme fatal since I was 8 years old.
I know thats young, but my father needed me to be the best.

Today is my birthday, July,18,2019 I turn 24 years old. Im not very excited about it.

10 years ago today my mother past away. I haven't been the same ever since.

My father and brothers where waiting for me down stairs. We where going to visit my mothers grave today.

I was sitting on a chair on my balcony smoking a cigarette. Looking out at all the land in front of me.

We live in new york. Real cliche right? Italian mafia that lives in new york. But yup thats my life.

I was wearing a black dress that went to my mid calf, leather ankle boots and my leather jacket. My dark brown hair curled at the tips. Just a little make up. Concealer, blush, red lipstick, mascara and eye liner to make my green eyes pop.

I took a drag of my cigarette and inhaled, Then slowly exhaled, enjoying the slight dizziness it gave me.

"Valentina!! Andiamo!!" (Lets go)
My big brother Javier yells from out side my room.

I sigh and smash my cigarette in a ash tray. I walk over to my vanity and sprits some lady lucky perfume and put some lotion on my palm. Then walk out my room while rubbing the lotion in my hands.

I walk down our grand stair case slowly. My house is big. Its more of an estate then a house, its floors where marble, its walls where white and there was chandeliers here and there, Its beautiful, my mother decorated it.

We haven't changed anything. It Gets cleaned though obviously. We have a few people in the house who help us clean, cook and organize.

I walk over to the living room thats right next to the front door, knowing thats where my family where.

I walk in and see my brothers, Javier and Leonardo, my father Lorenzo, my best friend gabriel, my other best friend Chanel, all talking and whispering.

They all stopped talking abruptly and turned around to look at me. With slight shocked and scared expressions. Guess they didn't want me to know what they where talking about.

I waved it off, Deciding to just ask later.
"Ok I'm ready." I said and put a hand on my hip waiting for them to shuffle out

Everyone stood up quickly and we all walked out the house. There was about four black SUV's out side waiting for us. We need a lot of body guards when ever we go out, my father has a lot of enemies.

We all climb in the Car,
I sit all the way in the back not wanting to sit next to anyone.

The drive takes about 25 minutes, while everyone is talking I'm just there starring out the window.

We arrive and we have to wait for all the guards to get out of they're cars, so they can 'protect' us, even though were all trained assassins. But my father won't have it any other way.

All the guards line up and everyone starts getting out. As soon as were all out of the car we start walking towards our family's section.

There was a big wall about 9 feet tall and 20 feet wide. The wall had a beautiful border off flowers carved in it. It had a beautiful tree carved in the middle, with all our dead families names on it.

We had about 9 dead family members. Grandparents, great grandparents, great uncles and aunts. And two of my fathers brothers. He still had two more but they lived in Italy. They ran the mafia there.