Chapter Three

(??? POV)

It was my turn in patrolling the area for supplies or any foes that might try and attack or just crawlers I can have "fun" with. You see people would think that I'm a psychopath since I "enjoy" killing. But it's not about the "joy" of killing it's about the survival.

*Flashback*
I was sitting in our living area with both my mom and little sister while my brother was out doing who knows what, when we heard bloody murder screams and police sirens. At first we didn't acknowledge it much but then came the horns of busses. We got up and went to go outside to investigate. Before mom twisted the door handle I said "Wait. Let's check it out through the window first." We checked through and as soon as I progressed what was happening I grabbed mom and my sister upstairs, into my room and grabbed two bags. "Jessica, run to the kitchen and grab as much supplies as you can that are needed to survive with. Hurry!" She quickly ran downstairs without questioning. She knew I was dead serious. "Brennen! What's going on?!"mom yelled in panic and worrisome. I gently grabbed he cheeks and made her look at me. "Mom. Listen to me! This is serious. I just need you to trust me. Ok?"she slowly nodded. "Grab as many clothes you can fit and take my pocket knife incase needed. When you guys get there you'll know what's going on."I told her. The only reason I'm not going with them anymore, is because I got a message saying Sam couldn't reach the bus since the bus on his street was already gone and his parents didn't make it as well. You see Sam is my bestfriend, my brother, and my other half, so I knew I had to stay no matter what and have his back. Especially when he helped me through ALL my rough times.

After we quickly finished packing I grabbed both their hands and lead them downstairs and out the door. The last bus was about to leave but I was lucky enough to stop it. They both climbed on when mom yelled "Wait! Come on! Get on the bus Brennen!" I just looked at her and said " Be safe mom. I love you." Tears begun glossing her eyes as I sent her a weak smile. She knew what I was gonna do and she knew it must be for a VERY good reason. She didn't protest, knowing I'm a VERY stubborn kid and I won't be convinced. I make really stupid decisions. But this was for a good reason and I just have to do it.

I watched as the bus drove away and ran inside the house. I started packing my bags.
I packed some pocket knives, sheaths incase needed, some clothes, as much food I can get and some of my most important weapons like my stashed guns (not for gang related shit), crossbows, a few sharped knives, and my bow and arrows.

Bow and arrows? Yea I know weird. Why not use the guns or knives? Well you see, for the last two summers, myself, Sam, Jake and Elton my other friends went to this camp where we're trained to use various weapons. What caught my eye were the bows and arrows. Sam and Jake(Webber) where interested in the guns while Elton was interested with the throwing knives and daggers. So now we're... great at them. I can't say "professionals" since we're not THAT good, but good enough.

I grabbed my bags and hurried to the Trap House.

    *End of Flashback*

As I was about to return back to our base, something caught my eye around the corner...

(A/N)
I'm writing the second chapter now.☺️