Chapter Seven

(Colby's POV)

It was morning and as planned we were going back to the shack. Both Archer and I were fully rested thankfully and were ready to go back. Once we were outside I saw something in the distance. It looked like a big warehouse. I guess I didn't see it because of the dark but it was very intriguing actually. "I guess we'll explore it later" I said to myself. When I turned around I saw Archer rolling on a patch of grass and jumping around. Well someone's energetic. I chuckled and decided to entertain him. "Come here Archer. Come here buddy. Come on."I called out to him. He ran towards me and jumped. And before I knew it, I was on the ground and he was on top of me licking my face. I laughed out load and finally stood up when I got the chance to. He was VERY heavy. I wiped my face with my sleeve and we raced back to the shack.

After we "freshened up" I really wanted to go back and explore the warehouse. This time it won't take a long time to reach since the path isn't too complicated and we aren't "training/ninja fighting" for survival. I grabbed a torch/flashlight. And YES. I've learned my lesson.

After I grabbed everything, we took off. Once we reached I patrolled the area for safety then went towards the door. When I pushed through the door I realized it's isn't as rusty as it should be. Someone's been here recently. And more the once. I carefully entered the slightly rusted door with Archer close by. As I was exploring the warehouse, I noticed supplies around and a rickety table with a chair near it. I didn't take nor touch any of the things. They, whoever they are, might need it more than me and even if this is a life or death situation, they don't belong to me.

I just kept walking as I spotted some other rooms. "It's like a maze in here!" I thought to myself. After a while I turned to see if Archer was close by, and he wasn't. I decided to stay calm and just go look for him. I went back to the main room from where we entered and called his name out. "Archer? Archeerr. Come here buddy. Come one." I slightly yelled. Nothing. I couldn't hear his bark nor his running footsteps. He's nowhere in sight. He always comes running when I call out his name. And I mean ALWAYS. Now I'm 100% certain that something's wrong.

I kept searching every room and once again. NOWHERE in sight. As I was about to turn around, a knife came whizzing inches away from head and cut my cheek. I stopped dead in my tracks. At first i didn't feel anything related to pain until I touched the newly formed wound. Blood. "Don't. Move." Says a deep harsh voice. I was about to reach for my gun but the voice spoke once again but this time in an even harsher and louder tone than before."DON'T. MOVE!" It said. I waited to be told what to do, then "he" I presume spoke again in the old harsh tone "Turn around." I slowly turned around and faced the man. He was holding one dagger in his hand and a few others in his belt. Clearly not trying to hide them and wearing a mask covering his face. "So.. what are you gonna do? Threaten me with those little things?" I asked sarcastically. After a few moments, I heard a few clicks and... a stretched...string? Then I came to a realization that it was a bow. I looked around my surroundings, and I was surrounded. Two people were holding guns and one of them was holding a bow with a bunch of arrows hung on his back, all weapons aiming at my head or my heart or just straight up me. All of them were wearing black and masks like Mr. Dagger over there."Shit.." I murmured almost inaudibly but audible enough for me to hear. "Me and my big mouth" I thought to myself. I slowly raised up my hands surrendering. Who knows, maybe they'll give mercy? Doubtful. But what can I do? It's four against one. No chance in victory. For me at least.

One of the people with the guns approached me with ropes. He roughly grabbed my wrists and tied them up behind my back. Tight. Then he kneed me in the gut which I groaned to and pushed me down on my knees. I looked up at them and then Mr. Dagger spoke in a deep voice once again "What should we do with him?" He asked to no one in particular. "What do you suggest?" The other one with gun asked. "I know. Just let me and my fucking dog go! Or is that too much work for you?" I asked clearly frustrated. They ignored me and the one with the bow said "just knock him out for now".

Then before I knew it, I felt a pain shoot in the back of my head and darkness swallowed me.