Chapter Five

(Colby's POV)

  I woke up to the sun shining through the broken window and to the annoying chirps of birds. I got up and ran my fingers through my hair attempting to fix it when I realized that my injury was recovering. I pet Archer who was now looking at me and I grabbed my bag. I pulled out a can of beans for myself and some leftover meat for Archer. I made a small camp fire in attempt to cook the food which surprisingly worked with the few supplies I have. I ate my "breakfast" while Archer attacked his. I chuckled lightly before realizing I'm still hungry and thirsty. I decided to go hunting for food or if I came across a store the might have something. I stood up grabbed my sheath and two pocket knives. I put one of them in my bag and the other in my shoe incase I have my sheath and bag taken away.

As I was walking with Archer alongside of me, I noticed that there isn't a lot of crawlers on this street, which I was glad of since I'm just too lazy to fight right now. ESPECIALLY when i just woke up. We continued walking when I spotted a grocery store close by. When we arrived I noticed it's been blocked off but I wasn't gonna give up on it. I pulled at the planks that were blocking the door until they finally budged. The door had a chain wrapped around the handles and had a lock on it. I pulled my mini pocket knife and tried picking the lock. After a few more tries it finally clicked. In other words it's been unlocked. I removed the lock and unchained the door. Before I walked in, Archer started sniffing until he walked in which I think means cost is clear. I entered and went straight to the medical section. I grabbed some bandages, pain killers incase needed (you never know), some needles and thread since I used the old ones to stitch my hand with, and some extra bandages. Then I walked over to the supply section and grabbed duct tape, two flashlights with extra batteries, another lighter, and got some food and water from the food section. Finally the last place I went to was the clothes section. I grabbed a few clothes since I didn't want to hold too much things and thankfully found some bags. I got another bag that was similar to my old one and a side pouch.

If I'm being honest I was lucky to actually find supplies. The place was too messed up with all the things old looking or just ruined on the ground and it seemed like a lot of stuff as been taken. And not shop wise. Someone's been here. And not too long ago. Seemingly that the cost is clear, I called out for Archer and he came came trotting towards me. I pet him once again and put the collar I got the last minute then headed back to the shack. I'm guessing we'll be camping there until I find another camp spot. But for now we're stuck with this old shack that doesn't give a lot of protection but enough for now.