~1~ The Dream

We ran down the alley, using the last of our strength to get to safety. Using the last of our powers we had to defend ourselves. Telepathy, nature, fire, empathy, telekinesis, conjuring, invincibility, and electricity. The short boy moved cars and light poles to fend off our chasers, while the charismatic one conjured knives and weapons to throw and use against them.  As I ran, I drew in all the electricity I could until we were out of the city. We had found an abandoned house and decided to stay there for the night.

"Is everyone alright?" said the tall boy.

"Yeah, everyone seems to be fine." said the handsome one.

"I can't believe we made it out of there. I could have sworn they would catch us and we would be done for. I could feel how angry and determined they were to reach us. They were desperate." said the hopeful one.

"Yeah, they would have gotten me if I wasn't impenetrable. They must have shot me 10 times. They probably didn't catch us because they ran out of bullets. I'm glad I'm bulletproof." said the younger boy chuckling.

"I'm tired. We should go on to sleep while we can." announced the pale boy.

"We should rest and gather our strength." I said, and we all went into the house.

After a few minutes we had all fallen asleep. It seemed like only a few more minutes had passed and we were awoken by the crashing sound of the door. We were restrained and captured by the ones after us. They threw us into the back of a van and took us to an abandoned warehouse. We were all angry and tried to escape. I finally just said screw it and electrocuted anyone and everything in my way. There were so many people. It was going to take all I had to get us out of there. Anger burned inside me as I tried to only harm our captors. It seemed as if I had gone completely mad and screamed to the top of my lungs to release all the burdens that had been laid upon me.

I woke up screaming. Something smelt burnt and my clothes were smoking. I was in the woods beside an electric fence. I guess I had touched it and passed out. What did I just dream? Why did it seem so real? Why did I dream about having superpowers? Why would I dream about people I didn't know? Who were they? Why did I seem to know them? I have never seen them before in my life.

...Or have I?