~45~ A Little Light In The Dark

I woke up in a dark room. I couldn't see my hands in front of me. There weren't any straps holding me down. I felt around me, and found what seemed like a nightstand beside my bed. I felt over it and I found a lamp. I tried to turn the light on, but it wasn't working. I crawled out of the bed to try and figure out where I was and to find a light.

I busted my face on a wall. I stood next to it and kept my back on it while I walked around. I couldn't find a door or any light switches. I had felt around all four walls and met the bed again. I must have missed something, because how would I have gotten in here if there wasn't a way out?

I decided to lay back on the bed until I could figure it out or until someone came in. Someone would have to eventually. They are probably going to study me for my powers.

My powers. I can't use them or I will be revealing myself to them.

Do they know what my power is? Or are they trying to figure it out?

I just laid on the bed and contemplated it for a while...

It had been what seemed like hours, so I decided to put on an act.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked aloud.

There was no answer.

"Hellooo?!" I said louder.

There was still no response.

"Where am I?" I said loud enough for someone the hear me.

A light blinded me. I saw the shape of a person.

"We just need to take you to an exam room," I heard a girl say.

"Okay," I replied.

She came up to me and grabbed my arm as if to hold me up, but I felt something in my back. My legs felt weak and my vision became blurry. I collapsed.
—————————————————————————
I opened my eyes and I was laying on a hard surface. It was cold. I saw a light above me.

"She's waking up!" I heard a guy say.

I rose up and felt dizzy. I pulled my legs up to my chest and put my head between my knees. I was looking at the floor, but closed my eyes. I was starting to feel nauseous.

"Get the bucket and a cold, wet rag," I heard another guy say.

I felt a cold, wet rag on the back of my neck. A bucket was placed beside me.

Someone held my shoulders and sat in front of me.

"Are you alright?" A deep voice asked.

"Hmm," I mumbled. I felt sick.

"Lay back down," he said and put his hand behind my neck and another on my shoulder.

"No, I don't want to go back to sleep," I mumbled.

"You don't have to sleep... just lay back," he said.

I laid back and felt a warm padding behind my head. I reached to feel it and someone was letting my head lay on their lap.

"Yoongi?" I asked.

"Uhh... no.... it's... uhh... Mingi," the deep voice said.

I raised up quickly to turn around and look at him. It was someone I had never seen before. I jumped up and my heart started racing. I looked beyond him and there was seven other boys.

I jumped up so fast that all I could see was black spots. I backed into a wall until I could see again.

"Hey, my name is Hongjoong," a voice said to me.

I blinked multiple times, and took a deep breath. My vision came back and I saw a boy holding his hand out to me. I shook it.

"I'm Y/N," I said and put on a small smile.

"Y/N, these are my brothers, Seonghwa, Yunho, Yeosang, San, Mingi, Wooyoung, and Jongho," he said and each of the boys either smiled or waved.

"Hey, so where...." I looked around me and saw bars around me. Bars that are used in a prison cell. It was surrounding the area we were in.

"Yeah, those are there 'for our protection'," Jongho said in a mocking voice.

"So why are you all here?" I asked them.

"Just... reasons," Hongjoong said and stared at me. He quickly glanced to the corner of the room.

"Ah," I said and walked past them to look through the bars on the other side of the area.

I looked around for a minute. Then turned back to face them. I quickly glanced at the corner of the room by the ceiling. There was a camera.

"So how long are we to stay here?" I asked them.

"In this area, or the whole facility?" Hongjoong asked.

"Both," I replied.

"Well, hate to give your hopes up, but I would guess... umm... never," he said.

"Never? You've never seen anyone that was held here leave?" I asked him.

"Well, yeah, but..." he looked at the others. "Not... not alive," he said gently. He quickly opened his eyes wider. "But of course, this is a treatment facility. You have to be treated before you can leave. Some people just didn't take the treatments well," he quickly said in a louder, chipper tone.

"So once I get my treatments, I can leave?" I asked with a bright smile on my face. I made sure I put both my hands down to my side and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Yep! So, how about we play a game?" He asked all of us.

"A game?" I asked.

"Yes, so we can pass the time. We have plenty of board and card games," he said and motioned towards the corner of the room. There was a chair, nightstand, lamp, and board games.

"Yes, sounds fun," I said very cheerily.

We all sat in a circle. I was between Mingi and Hongjoong. We played monopoly to make the time pass quickly.

I began to feel warm so I pulled up my sleeves. I still had on Yoongi's jacket. I pulled the sleeves over my hands and put them to my face. I was careful to not touch it to my face, but just close enough to my nose. I took a deep breath through my nose. It smelled like Yoongi. I missed him.

"Y/N, it's your turn," Hongjoong said.

"Ah, yes," I said and quickly rolled the dice.

"Are you crying?" Mingi asked.

"No, my eyes are just irritated," I said quickly and wiped my cheeks and eyes.

I miss Yoongi.

------------------------------------------------------

When we finished the game, Seonghwa said it was getting late and that we should be getting taken to a room. He had on a watch.

Not too long after, we were all escorted one by one away and to a room.

I was taken right after Mingi, and saw him go into a room. I went into the room right after it. There was a bed, nightstand, and lamp inside.

"Goodnight, we will be back to get you in the morning and do another exam," the girl said.

"Okay, thank you," I said and smiled.

She shut the door. It was dark. I made it to the bed and laid down. I stared at the ceiling. Everything was pitch black and I couldn't seem to become tired, so I just stared at the ceiling... until someone opened my door.