~33~ What If?

"Wow, I didn't know you could do that back there," Yoongi told me as we were walking through the woods back to my house.

"What? Were you doubting me?" I asked, a little offended.

"No, not really doubting you. I knew you had the energy and motivation to do it, but I wasn't sure if you physically could," he tried to say gently.

I scoffed. "Because I'm short? I was supposed to be put with Jimin, but you were put with him, so what does that say about you?" I said and giggled.

"Hey, okay! I shouldn't doubt you," he said raising his hands up for surrender.

"You better not," I said and giggled again. I held his hand.

We went into my house and I got ready for bed. We trained all day, and everyone was so tired. Once my head hit my pillow, I was ready to sleep. Yoongi went and stayed in the bedroom down the hall from mine.

"I love that we have this place to ourselves," Yoongi said, we were in my place, well our place now.

"Me too," I said smiling,

I looked up at the moon, it was beautiful. I held his hand and held them up in the sky. Our scars glowed and we looked at each other. We dropped our hands and just looked at each other for a while. I looked at his eyes, they were gentle, but tough at the same time. And I looked at his lips, they were so soft and he kept biting them. He came closer to me, I could feel his breath. He closed his eyes, and I closed mine, too. Our nose's were barely touching, and I heard a loud sound.

A gunshot. I immediately opened my eyes and Yoongi couldn't breath. I looked at his chest and there wasn't anything there. I looked at the back of his shirt and there was a spot covered in blood. He was shot and dying.

"Y/N, I have to tell you something..." he could hardly speak.

"What? What?" I said panicking.

"I..." and he wasn't breathing anymore.

"YOONGI!!" I was screaming and crying.

I heard applause behind me. I looked and saw it was Yoongi's boss.

"It's nice to see two people who love each other, die with each other," he said and pulled out his gun.

I woke up screaming and crying. Yoongi ran into my room.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You... you're... you're okay," I said and got up and ran into his arms.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" he asked.

"You...you..." I couldn't breathe I was crying so much.

"It's okay. I'm fine. You're fine," he said and helped me back into my bed.

I wouldn't let go of him, so he crawled in with me.

"You were shot," I said through my heavy breathing.

"No, I wasn't. I think you just had a bad dream. It's okay. I'm here," he said and held me tightly.

"Y-you died," I continued crying.

"No I didn't. I'm here and I'm alive. I'm not going to die," he said.

"How do you know that?" I asked him.

"Because I will never leave you," he said quietly.

"But what if I died?" I asked.

"Don't say that," he didn't answer my question.

"What if I died?" I asked him again.

He sighed. "Then I will die with you."

"No, you can't do that," I began.

"Y/N..." He begged.

"You have to promise me that you will keep living after I die," I told him.

"I can't do that," he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because... without you in my life... I'm already dead," He said and made me look at him. "You are not going to die," he said sternly.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I don't, but I'm not going to let anyone hurt you," he said.

That wasn't a very certain response. Someone could hurt him first. It's not like he is invincible. It's not like he has the power to completely protect me. If I die, then he will die with me, and I don't want that.

"Just go back to sleep. I'm here and I'm not leaving," he said.

"Yoongi?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he wondered.

"Never mind... goodnight," I told him. I've been wanting to say it, but I've never found a good time to.

"Goodnight," he said and I closed my eyes and went to sleep.