~36~ Bad Combinations

I looked back at Hobi.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"You just needed a little reminder," he said and got up from the table.

"RM, how about you practice your power?" I asked.

"Uh, sure," he said and came and sat at the table.

So, do you think you can do anything else?

"I don't know," he said.

Well do you want to try something?

"Sure," he said and looked at me.

He was focused. I don't know if that's what he does when he focused, but he bit the inside of his cheeks and squinted at me.

Uh, are you okay?

"Yeah, why?" He asked confused.

Just that face you are making.

I giggled and everyone looked at us.

"Calm down," RM said to someone.

Is it cool to hear what everyone is always saying?

"Sometimes. If it's funny then yeah, but if it's personal then I don't want to hear it," he said.

I don't know. It seems weird to me that people can talk to you, but you can't talk to them, you know?

"Not really, I haven't thought about that," he said.

Why don't you try?

"Okay," he said and focused again.

He made his focused face and I started to giggle.

Really? I heard.

Woah! I thought.

Did it actually work? He asked, but not verbally.

I guess, because I can hear you. It was so cool to be able to hear him.

Cool. Now if I need to speak to someone then not everyone else has to hear about it, too. He was excited, too.

My phone rang.

I took it out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was my school. I haven't been there in a week so they are probably calling to make sure I was okay.

Okay, appa, answer it. I giggled.

What?! Why? And why did you call me that?

You have to answer it for me. Act like your my dad. Tell them I have a virus or something and that I'll be transferring schools soon. Plus you seem like a dad to us. I don't know why it seems like you do, but you just do.

"Hello," he answered the phone in a deep, mature voice.

"Yes, this is her father," he said. I almost burst out laughing.

"Yes, she is quite sick. She has a virus and will not be able to attend school for a while," he said. He sounded so much older than he was.

"I think we will actually be transferring schools soon. I just got a new job offer across the country," he was the perfect liar.

"Yes, we are very sorry to be leaving your school. Y/N has enjoyed her past few years at your school," I have not enjoyed that school very much.

"Thanks for calling," he said and hung up.

Good job. I thought.

"What was that?" Jin asked.

"The school called and was wondering where I was. I don't want them to bother us and get involved in our situation," I told him.

"Nice work, appa," Hobi said to RM.

We all busted out laughing.

"Shut up," RM said playfully.

"Yeah, thanks, dad," I said to him.

Really?

Yes, it's funny. I continued to giggle. So what's your actual name? I've been meaning to ask.

Kim Namjoon.

I like it. Why do you always go by RM?

With my job I have to have another name like Suga and Hobi do.

Yeah. But why "RM"?

It could stand for many things. I consider it to stand for "Real Me". It helps me remember to be myself and not be what others want me to be.

So then why did you do the jobs that your boss gave you? Didn't they make you not yourself?

The jobs made me myself because I stuck with my friends. I was loyal to them and that's a part of who I am. I'm loyal to those I care for around me.

That's nice.

"So... what's going on?" Yoongi asked.

"Oh, we are just talking," I said.

"Okay...So are we going to continue training?" He asked.

"Yeah, do you want to try?" I asked him.

"Sure, but do we have a fire extinguisher?" He asked.

"Nope," Hobi said.

"Then get a lot of water ready," he said and Jungkook and Tae ran over to the sink to fill buckets with water. "Here goes nothing," he said.

His hand glowed and set aflame. He held it there a minute, examining it. He chuckled and threw it at the log. It set it on fire, since it hadn't rained for a few days. Jungkook ran over with a bucket and dumped it all over the log and it went all over the floor. The water just spread across the floor.

"Really?" Jin asked him.

"What? He said to get a lot of water ready," he said smiling.

Oh, this child.

I sighed.

"Okay, lets get some towels and clean this up. I think you've had enough practice, Yoongi," I said giggling.

Some of the others looked at us. I called him by his real name. We hadn't officially said that we were together yet.

"So, Yoongi and I are together. It's not really too big of a deal. So who's next? Jin?" I asked, trying to change the subject quickly.

"No, I'm next," Jimin said. He stepped towards Yoongi. "We are going to learn to fight using our powers, right? Why wait?" He asked.

Yoongi stepped up towards him. He was slightly taller than Jimin.

"Why don't we take this outside?" He asked.

No no no no!

They went outside and the rest of us followed.

"No, you guys aren't ready for this. You'll kill each other," I told them.

Jimin tilted his head as if he thought that was an option.

"Guys, come back inside," Namjoon told them.

Jimin and Yoongi lunged at each other at the same time. They were fighting using the techniques Jungkook taught them.

"Let them fight it out and deal with their feelings," Jungkook stood beside me and said.

"I'm afraid they will hurt each other by using their powers," I told him, worried.

"They should be... okay," he said.

I watched Yoongi and Jimin fight each other. Yoongi had pinned Jimin to the ground. Jimin yelled and Yoongi flew back and hit a tree.