Hard Knock Life

"Where the hell are we?" Sam asks when we finally enter a city.

"Berlin," I say, recognizing where we are.

We have been driving for hours. I have a cramp in my back. We haven't been able to move because of these stupid chairs. I just need to pee and stretch.

"So you like cats," I try to talk to the new Wakandan King, who still hasn't said a word.

"Red," Steve warns.

"Nah, nah, let her. The man shows up dressed like a cat and you don't want to know why?" Sammy defends.

"Your suit. Vibranium?" I ask.

I definitely saw bullets hit him, but none actually got through. It's the simplest explanation. He is from Wakanda, the homeland of the metal.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations," the dude says ignoring my question.

"You're supposed to be a panther? I don't see it," I shrug, but he just continues, ignoring my comment.

"A mantle passed down from warrior to warrior. Now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you, as both warrior and king. How long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

"Well, he didn't kill your father, so we don't have to worry about that," I replied angrily.

He was about to say something else, but we started to pull into wherever they were taking us.

When we exit the van we are met with five people. One man was in a suit, one woman next to him who I assume has some sort of authority here, and three agents behind them. I notice Steve looking back at something behind us, so I look too.

When I turn around I see Bucky in a glass cage. One identical to the one I was in back at Avengers Tower. He is restrained in a chair. I started to run over to him, but Steve stops me.

"We can't interfere. It will only make things worse. I know how hard this is - "

I cut him off, "No you don't. You don't know how hard this is because you have never been through that. I have been through it many, many times, one from you. Bucky has gone through so much worse because of hard he fought for you. I can only imagine the pain. So don't you dare say that you know how hard it is."

"You're right. I'm sorry, but that doesn't change the fact that we have to stay put."

I nod and begin walking towards the group of people with Steve, Sam, and the panther. I still don't see the panther, but whatever. I'm sure it's more than just a suit for it to be passed down for generations.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asks before I can.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you," the man in the suit says.

"A psychological evaluation and extradition," the man evaluates.

"This is Everett Ross, deputy Task Force Commander," the woman who I assume they already know said.

Why do I say that? Because she didn't even bother introducing herself. She only introduced the man.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asks and I sigh.

Does he really think they would let him get a lawyer?

I know how this stuff works. Once they have what, or in this case who, they don't just give it a chance to get away. Especially when it involves winter soldiers. We don't have the rights of regular people. They treat us like we are another race. If that's true, they are being super racist.