CHAPTER SIX PART ONE

"She seems nice and she is pretty." I said wiggling my eyebrows a little at him.
He looked at me with a red face." That's when I realized there was something going on between them.
"You two are a thing right?" I asked.
"I don't know mom." He said turning more red. I laughed at my son who was turning the color of a rose.
"Do you like her?" (S/D) asked.
"Yeah we agreed to stay friends until we got to know each other more."
"So will she be joining us for holidays soon?" I asked. Shayne's face got even closer to the color of a rose.
"No I think we should start planning the wedding first." (S/D) stated. As if it was even possible, Shayne's blush darkened again. My son has it so bad for this girl.
Sadie walked in with a water bottle and a bowl of berries in yogurt in her hands, Her long hair tied back into a messy bun and her bright blue eyes popped out against the tan of her skin. I can see why Shayne likes her. She is beautiful and confident. Shayne's face goes back to a normal color as he sees her and he grabs her unbandaged hand as soon as she sat down on the chair opposite the two that she cleared off for us. We all made small talk and got to know Sadie a little more. She is a smart talented girl that I can see makes Shayne very happy. I like her, she will also give me beautiful grand babies in a few years. I thought back to when I first had my boys, I miss the days when I was holding my own babies in my arms, can't wait until I can hold more babies, as my other grand babies are too big to hold now. I have to ask, I hope she doesn't mind.
"Do you like kids?" I blurted out. She lights up and says she loves kids and how she always played dollys and dress up with her younger sister Rebecca and how she and her twin sister started a babysitting business when they were 17. She has a twin? Even Shayne is shocked at this.
"Yeah I have a twin, her name is Rowan, everyone just calls her Ro and she looks almost exactly like me just with a different style." I LOVE IT, SHE COULD GIVE ME TWIN GRAND BABIES! When all of your kids grow up and move out you start counting down days until you get grand babies from them. I hope Shayne and Sadie have kids soon.

Shayne's POV
My parents are so embarrassing.
The doctor comes in and tells me that I can leave in a few hours if I can take a few steps right now. My body feels sore from laying down for a long time but Sadie squeezes my hand and I know I can do this.
A few minutes later I am up and holding on to my dad as he slowly walks backwards with the doctor following me. Before I leave the room Sadie grabs the robe she brought over for me and helps me put it on so I don't show everyone the open hospital gown. We walked around for a few minutes and then went back to the room. Sadie was smiling so much that I thought it was gonna go off the edges of her face. Her smiles really are contagious, nobody stopped smiling all day long.