CHAPTER EIGHT PART FOUR

Shayne's POV
I already called my mom and dad. They were surprised but ultimately they are excited to have new grandchildren. Chris and Brian both know and are happy for me but also surprised.
It's been a while so I decided to go to Sadie's room and check on her. I bumped into Rowan at the door and she told me that Sadie is asleep and to not ask about how everything with her parents went.
That must mean it's bad. I hope they aren't too mad. It's mostly my fault anyway. If I would have just changed out of that towel before she sat down we probably wouldn't have gone that far and her parents wouldn't be mad at her.
I opened the door and saw Sadie laying on her side and hugging a pillow. She looked so peaceful and I didn't want to wake her up so I just sat on the floor and leaned against the bed.
"Shayne?" I heard her say.
" I thought you were sleeping." I responded.
"I felt someone lean against the bed and I got a little scared so I woke up."
"I'm sorry. You should try to go back to sleep. You haven't slept much this week." I said.
"Can you cuddle me?" She asked.
"Of course I can." I said as I got up and laid down beside her. She cuddles into my chest and I kissed her softly. My hand hovered above her belly not sure what to do. She pulled away and took my hand, she placed it down gently on her belly. As soon as my hand made contact with her skin, everything set in and I couldn't be happier. She turned so she was laying down on her back and I moved down to her belly.
"Hey there baby Topp." I said and moved my hand around in small circles. I can't believe that my baby is in there growing.
"It's your dad here. I love you so much already. Your mommy is the most beautiful and amazing woman in the world, so take it easy on her please." I looked up at her and she smiling. She put her hand in my hair and said she loves me too.
"I will always protect you both no matter what and nothing will ever happen to either of you as long as I'm alive." I kissed her belly and then moved back up.
"I love you so much." I said and then we both fell asleep.