10

"Impossible," Jadis whispered as she watched Aslan roar

"Impossible," Jadis whispered as she watched Aslan roar. From beside him, an army's worth of Narnians led by Susan and Lucy came into view. Peter and Edmund weren't paying attention and Jadis took the opportunity to swing at them. Peter quickly held his shield in front of them to block the attack.

They tried to hold her off, but Jadis was suddenly swinging more often and quicker than before. She was nervous, that much was for sure, but that didn't mean that she was any less ruthless. Before either of them knew what was happening, she had tripped them both and stabbed a sword into each of their clothes to pin them down.

She then picked up Edmund's sword which had fallen from his hands when he fell and went to stab Peter who was the closest when the sound of running could be heard. Jadis looked up and her eyes widened as Aslan jumped out at her and threw her off of Peter.

Aslan pinned the Witch to the ground a little ways away, the sword falling from her hand. She looked up at the lion in fear and Aslan stared at her for a moment before he roared and ended her life.

Peter tore the sword out of the ground and sat up before helping Edmund do the same thing. They both got to their feet, and Edmund grabbed the sword that was used to pin hm down and got ready to continue fighting alongside Peter when they saw that Aslan had finished off the witch.

Aslan turned to face the boys and he gave them a small nod. "It is finished," he told them. They both sighed in relief and Peter wrapped an arm around Edmund before hugging him.

"Peter! Edmund!" Two voices exclaimed and the boys turned to see their sisters running towards them. Lucy was quick to rush into the boys' arms, but Susan slowed down upon realizing that it was only the two of them and that a certain brunette was missing.

"Where's Rosemary?" Susan asked, her voice shaking. Edmund felt a pang in his heart as he tore away from Lucy and whispered out breathlessly, "Rosemary."

He then broke out into a sprint while Peter looked to his sisters with tear filled eyes. Susan and Lucy looked to him with wide eyes and then the three ran after Edmund who was looking around frantically.

Edmund felt like his heart was beating out of his chest and he could barely breath as he searched for Rosemary. When he caught sight of her, it was like someone had punched him in the gut and all of the wind was knocked out of him.

"Rosemary."

He then caught sight of the dwarf who was coming up behind her to finish the job and a flash of fury ran through his body. Edmund ran faster than he had ever ran before and took his sword before swinging it and killing the dwarf instantly. The dwarf fell to the ground dead and Edmund was panting as he looked to Rosemary.