Chapter 16 | Isolated

(Y/N) paces back and forth in the hallway where all the bedrooms are located, an arm crossed over her chest as the other holds her phone up to her ear, her bottom lip stuck between her teeth as she bites it. The stressed female lets out a few quiet swears as she pulls the device away from her ear, her fingers tapping the screen rapidly before she regains the same position, oblivious the the group peering around the corner worriedly at her figure, ears twitching in anticipation.

(Y/N)'s eyes suddenly brighten up for a moment as she gasps, "Ah! Finally, Michelle, have you found any new information about the hybrid?"

The person on the other side of the line responds, "Yeah! Well, the most we could find was their location, but the files we snagged barely hold any useful information on the hybrid's condition, what gender, etc. The most we got are a few of they're behavioural records, but the papers are blank— or cut off halfway through. It's like it's been erased. I can't find the name of the hybrid either... Oh! Wait, wait, wait!"

"What? What is it?!" (Y/N) gasps before furrowing her brows, "Michelle, out with it!"

"Hold that thought! Uh..." the shuffling of papers can be heard for a moment, "aha! Got it— sorry. At the top of the file, there's a picture, but it's got ink spilled all over it. Underneath it I can just make out a few things... apparently they refer to the hybrid as Patient 8.6. On the record it states, Isolation ward 13. That's where their hiding them."

"Jesus Christ..." (Y/N) murmurs, rubbing her forehead for a moment, "can you fax me the file?"

"Sure can!"

"Thank you so much, Michelle. I don't know what I'd do without you..."

"No problem! The world needs more people like you, determined to help hybrids and whatnot. Anyway, I'll send 'em over in a minute or two. I'll call you if anything else pops up." Michelle informs.

"Thanks, keep track of the other hybrids that need to be transferred as well. Talk to you later!"

"See ya!"
(Y/N) sighs deeply, closing her eyes as she slouches against the cold wall of the hallway, head on her hands as she carelessly drops her phone onto the floor beside her feet.
Kiku narrows his eyes at the device from around the corner, his dark brown irises showing distaste for it making his mistress panicked and stressed. The leopard cat hybrid shuffles out from his hiding place, ignoring the certain looks he gets from the others, and walks over to the (H/C) haired female. He kneels down in front of her.

"(Y/N)-chan?" The said woman lifts her head from her hands and quickly changes her stressed expression to a smile, "are you alright?" Kiku asks despite knowing the answer himself.

"I'm fine, Kiku. Just—"

"It is not nice to rie (lie) (Y/N)-chan," Kiku frowns softly, his head tilted in slight disappointment. (Y/N)'s heart sinks, knowing that the male saw through her act, not wanting to worry him or the others, "you have taken care of us, now it is us who must take care of you."

"Us?"
Kiku stays silent, but turns his head to where he had came from. The woman looks in the same direction, only to see the rest of the hybrids standing by the corner sheepishly. A sigh escapes her lips, a small, grateful smile forming as she lets out a breathy laugh at the sight of the guilty men, who currently look like children caught staying up past their bedtime. She stands up and approaches the group, wrapping her arms around the two closest, being Lovino and Arthur, who blush and grumble before hugging her back.