Chapter 18 | A Rescue

'Breaking News on 6' The theme song for the news program blasts through the speakers, "Good evening, my name is Robert Howard and tonight, both myself and Amelia Sandreas here will be presenting to you the news with Jackson Connolly on the weather." The man seated at a curved black tinted glass desk speaks, a woman beside him.

(Y/N) sits on the couch with a glass of water in hand, the ice cubes gently bobbing up and down with her movements as she takes a sip, the remote controller of the T.V now resting on the small table at the arm on the couch.
"Thank you, Robert," the woman within the T.V speaks, shuffling a few papers in her hands before continuing on, "breaking news, hybrid shelter in Heartfield Avenue has been breached. One of the smaller shelters in connection to Hetalia Hybrid Shelter has been broken into. Security cameras pick up the moment a gang had thrown a brick at the front window before charging in." (Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes widen in shock at the proclamation of what had happened. Heartfield Avenue Hybrid shelter had the same intentions of helping hybrids and had made a contract with her own. They were suppose to transport a few hybrids into Hetalia's shelter in a few days time— it's easy to assume that the hybrids meant to be transported have now been taken hostage under the gang's rule.

"The owners of this shelter are horrified at the event, other hybrid witnesses shaken up with what had occurred throughout the night," The male news breaker, Robert, states with a conflicted look in his eyes as he gazes out the screen, "more will be revealed tonight. And now for the weather, on to you, Jackson."

"Thank you, Robert. Now, heading up the east to—"
The sound of the T.V is drowned out from (Y/N)'s thoughts. One of the main shelters she had gotten support from had been Brocken into, the inhabitants kidnapped.
'Those hybrids must be terrified!' She thinks to herself, 'w-what if that gang's a part of the underground network?! Their gonna be tortured!"

"Ma chéri?" An accented voice breaks her out of her thoughts, "are you alright?" Francis voices his concerns for the female, who in turn blinks at him confusingly before finally processing his question.

"Yea-...-yeah," She takes in a sharp breath, facial expression slightly dazed as her mind takes in the information given, "I'm fine." A sigh is heard from the male beside her before she is suddenly pulled into his lap, arms wrapped around her waist leaving one of her own limbs trapped whilst the other shyly presses against his bicep.

"It is not nice to lie, (Y/N)." Francis tuts softly.

The said female huffs, a light blush on her cheeks as she replies, "...How do you guys catch on anyway?" She notices the blonde's lips twitch upwards ever so slightly, into a smirk, revealing his canines before he pushes it down and turns it into a cheeky grin.

"Well, chéri," The fox hybrid starts, "we are hybrids. We 'ave abilities in which we are able to sense the atmosphere to a certain extent, and when we grow close to someone, those abilities become enhanced within the trust that is built," he begins to shift so the female sits sideways across his lap, allowing him to take full notice of the redness on her features, to which the girl catches onto and limply plops herself onto the man's chest, her nose brushing against the skin of his neck causing him to chuckle in amusement, "so, tell me, what seems to be zhe problem?"

(Y/N) takes in a breath, unable to keep the secret to herself due to the male's knowing and firm gaze, "...The shelter on Heartfield Avenue has been broken into, and multiple hybrids have been taken," she feels Francis's form tense from beneath her, "and that was one of the few shelters that had the same intentions as us." She buries her face in the crook of his neck, seeking comfort as the male let's out a certain scent undetectable to the human nose, causing the girl to unknowingly react to it. The Frenchman wraps his arms around her, hugging her close as his comforting scent overtakes (Y/N)'s one of distress.